Dirt Jumps Whoops Sunday 10/4 4pm

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by stuffshredman, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuffshredman

stuffshredman Member

engineer - AI, some robotics
    whew. It was starting to sound that way. Take my money, take my wife, but don't take my bike! he he

Trust me, man, I have felt your pain. You think it's bad with bicycle dirt jumps, try motocross dirt jumps. We built an entire track out in the woods, including tree clearing.. to have lots of doods roll the jumps, gunning it as they roll the lip digging a huge rut. So, I know how it feels to have your hard work shredded by others.

I think Denmother expressed nicely what I was trying to say in my earlier post. She said, "those of you who can, need to come out and help. Those of us who can't should not be persecuted."

You can almost think of it as karma... for the next two years until my personal life settles down a little bit, build time will be extremely hard to come by. I'd like to think that I've built up a little trail maintenance Karma over my lifetime with the immense amount of shovel time I've already put-in... which will help me coast thru this time constrained time of my life.

Also, I should add that while you are well within your right to lecture.. the point I was trying to make earlier is that lecturing will very likely turn people off from wanting to help and might even illicit a good old fashioned "f**-off". Denmo had a good suggestion here, too: instead of lecturing, let folks know when there are good opportunities to pitch in... 'cause I think most people are eager and willing to put back into the trails.

2. mblakely

mblakely New Member

Hey Yall,
    I am new to the area from Texas and live near the whoops, just got my bike tunned up and I am ready to dig and jump. Lets ride again this weekend please call me anytime yall want to ride, 214.676.7181 my name is Mike

3. stuffshredman

stuffshredman Member

engineer - AI, some robotics
    Welcome Mike. Where in Texas are you from? I grew up in Denton and did undergrad in Austin... did some BMX racing at Rabbit Run and alot of motocross at tracks like Whitney, Mosier Valley, Ross Downs, Wolf Creek, Burleson, Swan, Good Times, you name it...

4. W4S

W4S New Member

condescending or not, if you're going to ride Kenter be prepared to put in some shovel time because the jumps don't maintain themselves, even if you're super busy. Let me know when you're going up, i'll most likely head up there Sunday afternoon to get some runs in and do a little clean up.

5. IMALLSLO

IMALLSLO S G V

Not trying to stir up more poo,but c'mon. The dude didnt say hes lives around the corner and rides there on a daily basis. He hit it once in the last 3 years and you expect some kind of trail maintenance afterward. GTFOH! Since when did you become the Whoops trail Nazi. If it was your backyard and he showed up day after day and didnt put in work then bailed id understand. It's a public trail and it gets used by the public! If its an issue with you,then you need to figure out a way to velvet rope off the entrance,hand a shovel to all that enter and possibly create some kind of membership card or points system you could earn while you dig. Maybe 1 hour of digging and you are alloted 6 runs....but no gap jump....thats for VIP's.
    Just curious,how long did you ride there before you picked up a shovel? If Curt doesnt sweat anyone.....you sure as hell dont have a right to. {/rant}

6. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

This thread was originally created to see if anyone else wanted to ride Whoops, since the ride is history, I am closing this thread.

And for future reference keep in mind the posting guidelines.

Thanks,

Nancy
    STR Moderator

POSTING GUIDELINES
    Just some simple guidelines to follow. Most of it is simple common sense.
    1. Be respectful.
    2. Your posts should be constructive. Any member posting for the sole purpose of increasing their post count will have the posts deleted.
    3. Corrections to other’s information should not be condescending in nature. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. You are expected to remain civil and express your thoughts in a mature manner.
    4. Threads are expected to be kept on the original topic. If you want to discuss another subject, feel free to create a new thread in the proper forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.