Whittier Cyclery?

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by freezy562, Nov 19, 2010.

1. freezy562

freezy562 New Member

Anyone have any reviews for this shop? I took my bike there today because I've gone in before and really liked the way I was treated but this is the first time I've had any work done.

2. FlynRide

FlynRide New Member

If your bike is already there, don't you think it's a little late to ask about their quality of service??
    IMO....learn to work on it yourself.

3. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Whittier Cyclery is more of a family shop that doesn't really get into much high-end stuff except the token bike or two...that's often there for 6 years, since they seldom discount their pricing, so I'd question their ability to service more modern type of mtb stuff, such as suspension and hydraulic brakes. I couldn't tell you about their service, though.

4. freezy562

freezy562 New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm just getting my ht tuned so I'm sure they won't have any problems. I just wanted to know if it was a trusted shop. I read a lot of horrible reviews on other lbs's but couldn't find any info on them. Now I know why.

5. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    I have never set foot in their shop, but a friend of mine was not impressed with their service. A shop not too far from Whittier is La Habra Cyclery. They are the "real deal" and always provide quality service at a fair price. Check them out if you are disappointed with Whittier Cyclery.

6. tandem

tandem New Member

I live a stone's throw (ok, a stone's throw if you are Hercules) from Whittier Cyclery. I had two, old, rigid GT Palomar Bikes fixed at Whittier Cyclery. What was done on the bikes were changing the shifter cables and brake cables, fixing two flat tires, adding a rear skewer, and changing the rear free wheel and hub. I don't know but I felt that paying almost $300 for the labor and parts were kind of too much for me. There were times that I was in the shop asking and they hardly seemed to pay attention to me or what I was asking. The only time they were real helpful and excited was when I picked up a few things using my bike since they were mostly interested in my bike than me. After that, I decided to just invest slowly in tools and do the repairs myself. I still visit Whittier Cyclery if I need tubes, CO2 spares or patches since I live really close. But if my bike needs work, I go to La Habra Cyclery (service has been great and the tax is cheaper).

7. freezy562

freezy562 New Member

I walked into La Habra Cyclery about a year ago and didn't like the way I was treated. As soon as they realised I knew nothing about mtb'n they kinda just left me on my own. Maybe my backwards Dodger hat had something to do with it but it didn't seem like a friendly place.

8. Racer X

Racer X Member