US Cup - Kenda Series/H20 Overdrive Triple Crown #1 - Bonelli Park 3/13-14

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by davidB, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Dukeneverwinter

Dukeneverwinter New Member

hey thats the are I was concerned about. I guess we'll find out sunday...

2. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    The course is all marked up from today. Was out there for another day of fun under the sun, and was having so much fun I probably burned my legs out for Sunday. In any case, its rest a relaxation until the race.

They added another option on that short climb immediately after the 2nd bridge on the north side. Instead of having to make a sharp right after the bridge you can now also go another 5 yards and make the right slightly higher its somewhat easier as you don;t have to deal with too much mud (which will most likely dry out until the weekend anyway).

Scott and Ty and crew were tirelessly adding some final touches to the course and Tom was marking up the course. My thanks again to all of them for making our racing possible!

Sid Taberlay was on the course today as was Amber Neben the Women's World Time Trail Champion. Pretty cool seeing a World Champion roadie shredding the local trails!

As promised yesterday I did come with the SLR and have some pics. Hopefully anyone who has not decided yet to come over the weekend will do so after taking a look at some of these shots:

Thats Sid climbing the north side and Amber riding through the flowers a couple of pics down from the top.

Attached Files:

3. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    and some more pics.. Will post all of them on US Cup's facebook page later on tonight...

Attached Files:

4. Red Hawk

Red Hawk New Member

goverment contractor, screenwriter (well hobbie un
    I rode this yesterday too. It look great out there. I'm posting a link for the course through garmin.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26768068

I started riding a bit more at the end before I turned off this lap.

5. surfzombo13

surfzombo13 King of Kooks

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    The trails out there are looking nice.

Hey, who's that guy in red shirt and flip-flops??? I was out there puttering around yesterday and saw him working on a bike in the parking lot.

Which brings up another question. Besides the big Turnbull ride last year, I've never really hung out with STR folks. Are you (we?) going to have a place to meet and greet our fellow STR's???

6. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Tom from Team Big Bear, Eric, the man himself - Tedro, Sid.

7. minhster

minhster DNF'd

Of course! On the PODIUM!!! ;)

:beer:

8. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Yep, as Allison confirmed, that is Scott Tedro, the owner of Shoair (the actual shipping company, and the pro Team and US Cup). You can't miss the TEAM SHOAIR loggo tattooed on his right calf !

(I was thinking of doing the same but I'm still waiting for Radioshack to offer me the big multi million contract first, before deciding on an appropriate calf tat. Then again Radioshack probably won't pay struggling Cat 2 mtbers. Plus I'd have to give up my Epic for Trek - and that ain't never going to happen! No tats for now ;))

9. vukyle

vukyle New Member

Thanks for taking the pictures Vlad. I was out there this morning pre riding the course and I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to. Course is short and punchy. Looking forward to racing this weekend.

10. davidB

davidB Active Member

Started at 4pm today and did 2 two cruiser laps making sure nothing about the course would throw me off come Sunday. As expected, it's a blast, but the fun lines don't mean the fast lines lol

Various crews were out this afternoon getting set up, it's gonna be awesome :bang:

[​IMG]

great downhill trail that never gets any love, glad to see it incorporated this race!

If you see this bike with a rider sporting a sho air kit this weekend, say hi!

11. MethodX

MethodX Uber Method

I'm the guy that figures stuff out.
    Hey all! The course is all marked up and everybody is loving it! We even had the grass cut down to almost fairway height and lined it with Kenda tape and banners :clap:

From amateur to pro the reactions were all great.

Come out tomorrow and check it out. Bonelli and the course are very spectator friendly. Jason Britton will be putting on a stunt show and filming for Speed TV :)

The better the turn out the greater the chances are for out-of-industry support that will only lead to better events. :)

The pro turnout is getting big and even greater than what was expected from the save-the-date responses and RSVP's. It will be a good show. The production is so good, the mayor of San Dimas is kicking off the pro race!

Weather forecast is beautiful. Come out, check it out. :wave:

Psssst - Vlad is a way cool guy. He is also a mtb fanatic. Not just an ordinary fanatic. A fanatics, fanatic. He was non-stop, all day riding the course. I think he was almost up to 70 miles in two days. We may have to stage an intervention before he turns into a Forest Gump and starts to ride his bike from coast to coast saying stuff like....when I was tired, I slept. When I had to go, um...I went......:lol:

12. surfzombo13

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  13. davidB

davidB Active Member

Who is in what class?

Cat 2, 25-29 here

Since I didn't do Sagebrush, i looked at the names registered in my class and looked at results for that 1st race as I know how i fare against one of them. Lets just say, I hope I race really really really well Sunday.

14. whybother

whybother New Member

Look for the Mann Show both Saturday and Sunday. Should be a great event! Bring out your cowbells! Allison needs more Cowbell!!!!!

15. MethodX

MethodX Uber Method

I'm the guy that figures stuff out.
    Sounds to me like she has a fever. A fever! Now, only more cow bell can take care of that fever.

See you all out there today ! :beer:

16. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Cat 2 45-49 in my first Cat 2 race. In the new Shoair kit. See you there!

17. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Mountain Biking is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get.... but you know its always going to taste f-ing great!

18. surfzombo13

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    i feel like a dork.

lol

19. minhster

minhster DNF'd

Will be racing Cat 3 Men's 25-29 in my sho-air kit on a silver giant anthem. My gf will be racing Cat 3 Women's 25-29 in her sho-air kit on a blue specialized era. See you guys out there at the sho-air tent tomorrow! ;)

link doesnt work for me...

20. surfzombo13

Tin Knocker
    Home Page:
    Errr..., sorry about that. Try this one...

http://www.cyclingdirt.org/videos/c...-us-cup-triple-crown-1-bonelli-course-preview

I was out there yesterday and today for a bit, I'm liking this course. Until about 5 days ago, I hadn't ridden for about 5 months because of other issues (I was surfing too much), and a broken back (Caused by the surfing in an X-Mas morning wipe-out), so my riding legs are a bit out of 'practice', an' not to mention my back's still sore

To say I was surprised that I was able to ride the course (in under an hour!!) while never dropping into my granny, rarely stopping and no hike-a-bike, feels great. I cleaned every hill I put my mind to too!! Who cares if I was passed by every body??? I was out ridding again!!!!

Since I live in Covina, I'll probably be out there again tomorrow, I just wish I knew folks...

One question: Why are there no food stands?? If I'd of known there wouldn't be, I'd of eaten before or brought some grub...