Two Wheels One Planet (Threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by .8down, Sep 26, 2007.

1. thebeast64

thebeast64 Member

Yes they are. I undertand that maybe they can't give me cash back, however thats not why Im mad. Mainly Im pissed off because of their tone and because of their unwillingness to work with me on something that is obviously not my fault. Its not like I ordered the pads just to screw them over, but by their tone it seemed as though they thought that I did just that. It was ridiculous.

Problem fixed! Fullerton Mike is totally the man!! Im happy to say that we have resolved the problem in a way that suits both parties. Thanks again Mike!!! Ill definitely be doing business with you in the future!

2. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

:clap::clap::clap:

Glad to hear the good news! ;)

3. thebeast64

thebeast64 Member

Thanks Lee! Im really glad too. Mike was great to work with! Btw Mike, I really like the taste of the Spider!! And Im looking forward to seeing you at the cross practice on Tuesday.

4. Fritz White

Fritz White New Member

The Buena Park and Fullerton locations are a different entity from the Costa Mesa and Lake Forest TWOP. Our return policy is 7 days with a receipt, but I've made exceptions in the past and would have no problem hooking you up with the correct pads in the situation you described.

5. TreksterFuelex

TreksterFuelex Next to beer, I

Inside sales
    The Costa Mesa shop is just down the street from my work. I originally purchased my bike through them. At the time he was there, the dude was very knowledgeable and patient with me asking questions. I later went in to have them strip down my bike so I could have it powdercoated and reassembled. Quick turn around, ended up finishing the build sooner than they quoted me. With my personal success with the shop I would certainly recommend them to anyone out on the trail.

6. thebeast64

thebeast64 Member

Fritz, Thanks for the support. It sounds like both you and Mike are really stand up guys! Ive never been to your locations, but maybe Ill have to make the trip down there sometime.

7. TranceRider

TranceRider No, I don't Ride a GIANT

IT Project Manager
    Two Wheels One Planet - Great Experience!

I discovered this bike shop (Lake Forest location) at one of the checkpoints during the Rwanda 50 mile ride - they helped me fix my 4th flat tire by finding out that the strip on the inside of the rim was exposing several spoke holes that were eating my tubes up (perhaps a reason to go tubeless?). Since I was pressed to leave before the cut-off time, they took the same rim strip and re-laid it on the rim - this allowed me to finish the ride.

I took the bike in a week or so later for a tune up and they immediately noticed that my bottom bracket was all messed up - probably from riding through the river crossings during the Rwanda ride. I was also having problems with chain skipping in spite of getting a brand new cassette and chain from another bike shop.:?:

The mechanic noticed that the previous shop I went to put a 10-speed road bike chain on my 9-speed cassette so I got a compatible chain and voila - no more skipping! :clap:

On the very next ride I ended up getting ANOTHER flat on the rear tire! Out of desperation I took the bike to another shop that was close to my place and asked them to replace the strip on the inside of the rim. I also had to purchase two new tubes. On my very next ride, guess what - ANOTHER REAR FLAT! In frustration I decided to take it to Two Wheels One Planet and have them check it out.

As soon as I took the bike in and explained what happened, the mechanic immediately took out the tube and inspected the rim, noticing that it was cracked to hell all around the valve stem. He also noticed that the other shop did a shoddy job putting in the rim strip which didn't allow my tube to settle properly. They started the process of getting me a warranty replacement, but there was a chance that the new rim wouldn't be available in time for me to participate in the Over the Hump race on May 22 - I was all registered and ready to ride so I was really nervous that I wouldn't have a bike. I called my brother who has an old 2003 Trek hardtail so I was starting to make plans to pick it up and use it for the race.

Yesterday I get a call from Two Wheels One Planet and they told me that they were going to take a rear tire from a demo bike, put a tire on it and let me use that until the warranty came in. They had the bike ready that day, I picked it up and took it for a great ride on Quail Hill/Serrano Ridge. Thanks to the shop going out of their way I've got my bike to ride for the OTH race! Also the owner (Kristen) kept in contact with me through email - something that I haven't seen any other bike shop do.

All the shop workers went out of their way to set me up so I don't have to wait weeks for the manufacturer to send the warranty replacement rim. They also do a great job inspecting a bike to really understand the cause of the issues I was having and I never got a sense that they were trying to find extra problems to make a quick extra buck. I've been bouncing around to several different bike shops. Some of them are great shops, but I think I'll be a loyal customer to Two Wheels One Planet from now on! :bang:

8. commplex

commplex SSuper SSlacker

Insurance Agent
    Hey thanks for those kind words. My brother is the Head Wrench at the lake forest location so this is good to hear. Glad to know him and the boys are doing a good job and that you are ready for OTH.