TRiple Crown Race Series Finale- Mt. Sac

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by shawndoh, Nov 3, 2013.

1. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

So, how did we all do?

This was my 4th race ever, but I still felt like I should move up to Sport Class (30-39). So, I did. Had a nice battle with my buddy for the final podium spot, which he ended up edging me out for. It was a lot of fun, we rode head to head, the whole race- switching off leading each other the entire race.

Good stuff.

Congrats to my brutha, Johnny5Spot for his Clydesdale victory!

2. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    I would of raced with you, last minute changes enabled me show = )

3. Preludedriven

Preludedriven Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
    I took 4th in beginner men 30-39 and 3rd series overall.

4. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Good job guys! I wanted to race it since the Enduro event got cancelled but I already had family plans. How was the course--like OTH, or one of the Enduro/OC Parks courses?

5. Johnny5spot

Johnny5spot New Member

:bang:Still pretty stoked on my first event win. Overall a great event and the course was fast and not technical compared to the trails here in south county. I will be making plans to race the other events next year!

6. zman

zman WTF ?

Your buddy beat out my buddy in that class

7. Allthatflash

Allthatflash New Member

Photographer/ Owner of Pedal Power Events
    Triple Crown Races are nothing closed to any of the OTH races...OTH are more sprint races and fairly flat compared to Triple Crown. Tough stuff imo and maybe that is why it deters a lot of the Over the Humpers to not race this series, considering its is pretty fun and challenging. I myself got 9th in the race and 5th overall in my cat 40-49...certanly some should have stepped up to sport but what the hell it was still fun

8. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

Probably gonna be hard to get an answer that is not relative to the rider, unless just asking about the course on technical level. If Fullerton Loop and O'neil made a baby, this would this layout would be the result. I experienced it as an easier-intermediate "trail".
    Mostly fire road, some single track, 1 short, but pretty steep climb. A switch back climb. 2 longish, fairly fast descents. A very short, baby mogul (bumpy) area. There was a good variety of dirt texture.

:beer: <-- clanking glasses!

Hopefully that helps.

9. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Thanks, guys--good descriptions. I'll try this series next year.

10. Preludedriven

Preludedriven Member

Graphic Designer
    Home Page:
  11. ITL

ITL New Member

Good Times!

Nice holeshot PD! That's how my start went at Glendora...then I hit the first climb and a bunch of riders went past me as they slapped me in the back of the head...they weren't too impressed I guess LOL!

Finished 5th of 23 in Beg Men 40-49. I was in 4th coming off the final descent but the guy on my wheel said he had a shot at the overall podium if I would let him by...he also knew I missed the first race and wasn't in contention for anything. I slid over and let him roll by. Good karma? Had a good race with him and the third place finisher, we were in contact all race. Stayed in contact with the second place finisher for the first lap, he slipped away, then I caught sight of him late in the second lap. First place checked out early and I never saw him again. Fun race and a nice venue...I'll race it again next year for sure.

fongster, the course is the least technical of the three by far. It's run on parts of the legendary cross country running course and the fire road climbs are asphalt smooth in some sections. Generally the descending is done on fresh cut single track, so that part can be a little tricky because it's a little loose...nothing too terribly demanding though. A couple of the descents are on fire road...smooth and fast. I think the hardest part of the course is one short steep climb. It can be ridden, but riders kinda bunch up there and once one or two stop and clip out you run out of room to get by...it's a tough (for me) push up that hill. I pushed about half the climb on the first lap and rode the second to almost the top before it bunched up.

12. Allthatflash

Allthatflash New Member

Photographer/ Owner of Pedal Power Events
    Good Stuff....