Training Rides in Southern Orange County

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by afgenkuong, May 23, 2013.

1. afgenkuong

afgenkuong Guest

How many training rides are there in southern Orange County during the summer? Since I'm currently in school, I'm in Riverside which makes training with my team mates (locals) very easy. Some of you may know the Chino Hills Crit Practice (Tuesday; held by MRI) or Redlands Sunset Loop (Tuesday; Redlands Bicycle Club) or Redlands Crit Practice (Thursday). They're all very fast rides that have Pros coming out every week. I'm looking for rides that are just as difficult- just in Orange County.

I'm going to be back in southern Orange Country (Laguna Niguel) for summer break and wanted to see if there are any weekly training rides that I could join. I want to be able to come back into the 2014 race season as strong as ever and cat up to 3s early in the season. I'm primarily a criterium rider but I'm not opposed to climbing!

Any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated!

for your time:
    [youtube]Lm7jrFBTRAg[/youtube]

2. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    Como and Food Park on the weekends to get your ass handed to you.
    Great Park crit on alternate Thursdays.
    Tuesdays at El Dorado in LB or Orchard Hills for a smaller group.

I'm sure there are plenty of other shop and club rides around.

3. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    That clip is awesome, i wan to do that, But i will have a 2x4 =)

4. TranceRider

TranceRider No, I don't Ride a GIANT

IT Project Manager
    I've only done it twice (arse handed to me both times) - but every Saturday morning there is a bunch of riders from Rock N Road that do a Silverado/Santiago Canyon loop. Usually folks ride up Santiago to the corner of Gertner and gather there before continuing (around 8:30 AM). They do an out and back on Silverado, climb up to Dump, then head down Jamboree, Portola, etc.

Hope this is something you are looking for. :?:

Route (something like this): http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=61800

5. afgenkuong

afgenkuong Guest

I'll definitely come out to the Food Park ride! Sounds like a ton of fun and hopefully it lives up to it's 'ass kicking' haha. I'll also be trying to make it out to the Great Park criterium...

Going to try to build up to a respectable time on the Seven Sisters route here in Laguna over the summer as well. I'm hoping to show up to the Boulevard road race in San Diego at the beginning of next season and not get dropped off the front pack haha.