Terrible time at REVO cycles

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by HardtailBlazer, May 10, 2012.

1. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

Such a bad experience with one of their employees, Bought a pair of easton xc two wheelset at a "closeout price" yesterday...the problem is at NO point in time was i told these are a close out item and that at revo cycles you cant return anything at a closeout price. I called today and spoke with an employee who actually sold me the wheels.
    He was so rude, asking how i could buy something then want to return it on the basis that i decided it wasnt the best financial decision!?!? haha he said if i wasnt financially sound then i should of bought the crossrides that i was looking at. are you kidding me!?! how can you philosophize about my financial moves[-X. Problem is that i bought something at close out price, but was never told it was a close out item and then come to find that you cant return it. Not sure how this is fair or makes any sense, it is my plan to email the owner and discuss this poor experience at their shop, not sure how the repsonsibility falls onto me, guess ill just be eating mcdonalds and riding these wheels for a while:?:

2. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

IDK man.....Maybe you should have thought about the purchase before buying them to make sure you would have enough money?

3. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

If not posted on receipt of something then they have to legally take them back. If you used a CC(not a debit card with logo) call the CC and dispute it if the still refuse.

4. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

thing is I do have enough money! Its just more than I need to be spending on wheels, summer school has to be paid today! Everyone has bought something then next day decided it was the wrong move, I would of never bought them if I was aware of this policy, even if he told me at check out i would of said no thanks! It does say it on the reciept, and thats what prompted me to call before going in! but what good is the policy on a receipt that you only get AFTER buying something ahah then cant return that item, just saying.

5. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Float it on your credit card man! LOL

I'm sure like any business, they have the policies written down for all to see.

Take responsibility for it, chalk it up to experience and move on :)

Your job to know the terms before buying it - Caveat Emptor.

/tough love

Attached Files:

6. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

hahahahahahah no way tooo funny Chewyeti

7. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    I've been on both sides of that one, as the customer and the retailer, and I'm sorry but I have a hard time sympathizing with you on this.

First, most all shops have their return policy clearly posted near the register, on the receipt, on their website, etc. And closeout items are often tagged "no return/exchange." Unless these things were hidden or you asked and they misled you, then you have no case.

Second: I can relate to upgraditis and a passion for bikes, but if your situation is a choice between school and eating versus getting new wheels - and a more expensive wheelset than others they had available - then you may need to rethink your priorities a bit and learn to plan better.

If the situation is that bad, then post the wheels for sale and get as much back as you can. The rest is the cost of a lesson learned.

8. jruiz

jruiz Member

I'd like to hear the other side of the story. At this point I don't believe it has warranted a "terrible" rating.

9. AlphaMog

AlphaMog Member

I am sure at one point or another we have been in your shoes... this is specifically why I purchase things with a credit card. If you purchased it with a credit card, reject the charge, it's a little bit of work but not much. I have rejected well over 20+ transactions one that was over $5K and in every case I got my money back even with "NO RETURN" policy.

10. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Gee, i guess that credit card transaction inst a contract to pay? you know, where you say... "i agree to pay XX.XX....?". Disputing the charge due to what? your indecisiveness? buyers remorse?? LOL

Your word is your Bond. Screwing people out of a legitimate policy inst something I'd brag about. YMMV

11. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

I agree

12. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

Wait what.......seriously?

What if you decided to keep the wheels? SAME CONCLUSION MATE! McDonalds, son!

13. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    So wait...what is the problem here again?

14. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

Bought stuff, decided doesn't want, discovers stuff is closeout goods. No returns on closeout goods. McDonalds.

15. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    And the STR bar drops a little bit lower...

16. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Agreed 100%. If there was a failure on the part of the retailer or manufacturer, then by all means dispute the charge. Doing it as a personal convenience is weak sauce.

To the OP: Have you talked to a manager there? What about offering them a 10% re-stocking fee to take the return, or working out an exchange for the Crossrides? At least then maybe you could afford to upgrade from McDonalds to Carl's Jr, and it might be a fair way to resolve this quickly so you can focus on more important things, like school and riding.

17. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Ready. Fire. Aim.

18. biknpam

biknpam Member

I was at Revo (Lake Forest) on Saturday to buy shoes. I must have been told 10 times at least, the shoes are closeouts and cannot be returned. Plus signs all over the store said the same thing. The clerk and the store owner made sure this is what I wanted (I bought two pairs of SIDI's - great price) 'cause I could not return them. Although I only buy Sidi's they made me try on both pairs of shoes and wear them around awhile because I would not be able to return them. I got the clues... if I bought the shoes, I could not return them!

If you have some problem with a clerk; call and speak with the management. They are very customer oriented and want to make sure you are cared for properly.

19. jruiz

jruiz Member

And people wonder why they're broke

20. donkey

donkey New Member

The Path Bike Shop
    I'm not entirely convinced that this is possible.