Switchback Cyclery / Felt Bicycles - Thank You!

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by gassertrucks, Feb 3, 2010.

1. gassertrucks

gassertrucks New Member

Beer POS manager
    I wanted to thank Switchback Cyclery and Felt Bicycles for their great customer service.

I purchased a Felt RXC Hardtail from Switchback about 3 years ago and the bike has served me very well, first with gears and more recently as a singulated SS, until recently when I discovered a crack at the BB and drive side chain stay.

Sherry and Tim from Switchback were extremely helpful and very easy to deal with. With a recent move, I was having trouble coming up with the receipt from 3 years back, Sherry found it in a matter of minutes. They promptly placed a call into Felt, and within a few days Felt simply and painlessly replaced the frame. The next day Tim reassembled the bike and was ready for pick up!

I was originally concerned about the compatibility issues with the new frame, as the old bike was set up with v-brakes and it would have been an expensive switch to disc brakes including a new wheelset, brakes, etc. Felt found a V-brake frame for me and everything with the exception of the seatpost (very minor) fit on the new frame.

When my frame broke I was expecting the worst and instead I received first class treatment from 2 oustanding businesses. Thank you guys!

-------------------------------------------------------

Here are the pics of the new frame. With heavy winter tires and Ergon grips she sits right at 21 lbs. I'm going to try a rigid fork that will shave 2 lbs. and with my normal Small Block Eights, I'm hoping to hit low 18 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. fos'l

fos'l Member

JRA
    Switchback will go to bat for you ... they did for me too.

3. Johnny Dirt

Johnny Dirt Dirt is Good!

RN
    +1 :clap::clap::clap:

4. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    just got an email (WS) with some skinny on Switchback...wish Tim and Sherry all the best

Switchback Cyclery will be moving their shop to a new location on March 1st: 11101 Orange Park Blvd., Orange, CA 92869 phone number of (714) 628-3913 stays the same...Tim and Sherry will be continuing to run their business focusing on service and labor of bicycles but from a workshop on their property. They had decided to do mobile repair and step out of the retail business due to the current economic conditions. They will still be providing quality service and repair work and be able to get you any parts you need so call them should you need anything!

5. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Great peeps and top knotch service. I wish they had more of selection on stuff but their service and wrench are top knotch :bang:

6. fos'l

fos'l Member

JRA
    Sad but it reflects that integrity, service, friendliness, helpfulness, and many other positive traits still may not be enough to succeed.

7. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Sorry to see the retail shop go, but I can understand it. I wonder about other locations though - it seems like the right climate to cut a great deal on a lease. I also hope the neighbors are OK with a low-key business running there, but I assume you guys have that all figured out. And on the upside for me, the location will be even more convenient for me.

You are quality people, and I wish you the best of luck with the new venture.

8. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams
    I'm sorry to see the shop close but am sure they will do well with a mobile business. They have a very good customer base to start with. Maybe offer some maintenance classes as well.

9. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Just drove by and was surprised to see the shop is already empty and the sign is even gone off the building.

:(

10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

11. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Any blow out prices on excess inventory?

12. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

13. kingaucho

kingaucho Member

I stopped by the shop last week w/ a couple of friends and found out about this. Sorry to see the store close, but was very happy to hear Tim say they would continue to do service. Everyone at the shop has always been very helpful, answered all of my silly questions and have provided me with awesome service, so I will definitely continue to bring my business to them. I can't wait for my tax return, so I can have them order me a new (Reba Race) fork and help me set up my new bike!

14. Cowgirl

Cowgirl New Member

Own Switchback Cyclery
    We are lucky to be in the County and are allowed to run a business off our property...the move was hectic but with lots of friends to help it went quick...Tim already has his shop all rolling and didn't miss a day of repair. We have been busy thanks to our wonderfully loyal customer base...our goal is to have the quickest turn around that you can find! Pick up and delivery is also available to help those who need it.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

15. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

What are the pick up areas? You guys aren't hitting the Velodrome anymore, are you? STR rides? How does that work???

16. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

Just want to give a sweet shor BIG THANKS to Tim from Switchback!! The guy was really cool and hooked me up fixing (replaced spokes) my wheel OVEr night!!! :bang: whoooahh!! NO ONE will do that for me!! and the best part is,that I didnt ask for that quick of a turn around. It was all him:wave: Again Tm, (if you reading this) Thanks much for the help!! You have a very happy customer that will for sure send more business over on the near future..:beer:

3l JoSser...