Spinning = better MTB riding?

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by capnsavem, Nov 28, 2007.

1. theclayster

theclayster New Member

inter at Colliers International
    I have a buddy of mine that doesn't ride MTB, but wants to start that does a spin class once or twice a week and after the class he goes and lifts weights. I have no idea how he does it, I have seen people come out of that class crawling because they can't walk, and he keeps asking me when I am going to join him in a spin class...I might just do it to see what it is like...and I will be prepared

2. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Say something to the instructor about it. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel...

3. Edog

Edog Member

Go early

Go early ( at least 30 to 45 mins) to get a spot Foothill Spin is always busy, weekend classes arn't too bad, but after work it fills up very quickly:)

4. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

If you mtb or do road you are already at a HUGE advantage over half the peole who are usually at the spin class.

5. cmeride

cmeride Member

I go 2x a week just to keep in shape since there is no time at night. I agree that the music makes or brakes the class. Sometimes i bring my ipod and secretly put in 1 ear piece, away from the instructor...

6. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    I just did my first spin class the other night. Damn that was hard!! You make it as hard as you want, but I was with some friends so we were pushing.

I dont know if I will do it again in the future (I would brather just ride) but I will say it will improve your cycling!

7. deja vu

deja vu done dirt cheap!

thought I would try a spinning class to give me an edge for pinning 'the wall' at the Fontana DH race. I showed up early, adjusted the seat height and handlebar reach, tested it out, perfect. A lot of people asked about my FF helmet and pads, and I explained to them I wanted to simulate the race experience as closely as possible. Screw the music that they play in class, I brought some earphones and started pumping some industrial strength metal pretty loud. :bang: The class started and I was off, spinning like a madman. I would occasionally tip the bike from side to side to get a fuller experience, and then practice my 'drop and roll' to see how fast I could get back on the bike and start spinning again after a crash. I got some funny looks, but you can't listen to the haters. Wow did I sweat up a storm, but it was fun. I would try it again for sure. (just in case :lol:)

8. rjrbignell

rjrbignell owed a living

bike shop employee / independant contractor
    I so wish I could have seen that.