saturday 3/10/07 ride

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by crispy, Mar 9, 2007.

1. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Sort of short notice but the ride route is still sort of TBD depending on who rides with me, but I am planning to start at green river and ride down to the beach and take a break to refill waters and what not, the cruise up (or down, will decide when we are there depending on who is there) PCH for 20 miles or so, then head back. Try to get in 100 miles. Pace will not be super speedy,m my first try at 100 miles so I will take it easy. Thinking of starting at 7am to get done and still have some day left.

Anyone in?

I just had another idea for a route though that might just about kick anyones butt. Start at green river, then ride to imperial hwy and get on the street, take that south i guess it would be up and over that big hill and that road gets STEEP! Then hang a left and go down to irvine lake and then a right then a left and be in santiago canyon and take that down. I haven't been that way really, only about 10 miles down that road, but i know it goes farther. Don't know what mileage would be, but that hill on imperial highway would kick my butt big time.