Saturday 12/20 BlackStar Canyon Ride Rumor...

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Donny, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Donny

Donny (R.I.P) Formerly Devoid169

Sales - Abrasives
    Have heard of an upcoming Black Star Canyon ride this Saturday 12/20. If so, when is the start time?? I'm going and just wanna ride with STR/IMTB peeps if possible. THX!!

2. BikeThePlanet

BikeThePlanet Active Member

PM Me and I'll give you my paypal info. $50 and I'll share the details. :)

3. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    No problem, just click on the link and download a small program. We just need some personal info to get the transaction rolling, so have your debit/credit cards ready...!!

4. BikeThePlanet

Hahaha.

This Saturday at 9:00 am. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

5. rtmrider

rtmrider New Member

Big social ride with a few bike groups. all are welcome to join, tagalong, etc... 9AM. Look for ugly sweaters.

6. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    Cool - just PM'ed you = if you wanna carpool as it says you're from HB? Gimme a call 714-843-6162. Donny

7. Cougar

Cougar New Member

I make video games!
    I'm watching the weather as well to see about going on that ride. There is a Facebook event set up where it looks like it is being organized:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1513515855592806/?ref=25&sid_reminder=3782005522044026880

It shows as roughly 100 people as attending... where are all of those people going to park? (I haven't been up Blackstar yet, and it looks like the dirt road leading up to the gate has lots of turn off for parking... but that's potentially a lot of cars).

8. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    Thanks for the link! The road all the way to the gate has various places to park = last time I did that ride we had 130 riders and it worked out. See y'all there!!!

9. Wrecker

Wrecker Member

Consultant; I teach bad vs. good.
    Are you guys really in HB? If so, I am, too (if not, I still am). Everyone else I know is inland. If you have room for another bike, I can chip in for gas. I'd leave my cell phone number, but I fear that someone would eventually drunk text me. ;)

10. BikeThePlanet

Dino is notorious for drunk dialing. Be careful.

11. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    I'll drunk DIAL you as the sound of another humans voice is what drunks love.... One glass of wine tonight so you're safe. Golden West and Edinger here. 714-642-5089 cell temporarily until i get a new plan. 714-843-6162 8am-10pm Donny Steele on FB. I have room for you!

12. ezworks

ezworks Member

I just copy and paste all the info/ even description from the event link on fb. They also encouraging participants to help those who are less fortunate this holiday season by taking donation of non-perishable food to feed the hungry.

Event link:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1513515855592806/?ref=25&sid_reminder=3782005522044026880

Check it out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is time ladies and gentlemen!

The plan is to get back to our "roots" of what we used to do on a monthly basis....getting together and riding with pretty much everyone with Social pace.

So the plan is this:
    December 20th, a Saturday at 9am, we are going to have a Newbie Ride/Social Event/Holiday Sweater at Blackstar Canyon where the pace will be strictly enforced to be mellow!

If you want to go fast, go somewhere else, lol. Of course I was just joking but really we are not doing this to see who can get to the gate first. The plan and hope is we all ride together and be SOCIAL! Talk about the trail, the scenery, the latest and greatest in bikes and bike fashion whatever it may be, just have fun.

Hopefully we can take another massive group photo once we ALL arrive at Beeks Place.

HALFWAY OPTION! Last year some people stopped at a halfway point where you drop into the "valley". Or you may know it where the first single track from the top ends. If you can't or don't feel like making it to Beeks know you have this option.

The theme is of course holiday based so break out your holiday gear, lights, candy cane striped bike...whatever it takes.

WE ARE GIVING BACK THIS YEAR!!!

Since we do always have such a wonderful turn out we thought this would be a great opportunity to give back to our city and help out. We will be taking donations of non-perishable food to help feed those less fortunate this holiday season.

We will be working with Second Harvest Food bank of Orange County. http://feedoc.org/

We will have a parked car by the Black Star gate before we take off with boxes where you can drop the food off.

Just in case you're asking here are the lists that you can donate:

1. The most-needed non-perishable food items are canned meat and fish, canned soup, canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, hot and cold cereal, macaroni and cheese, pasta, rice, and beans.

2. The most needed personal care items are diapers, toothpaste and toothbrushes, toilet tissue, and soap.

It's time of the year to give and have warm thoughts to the unfortunates. Let's get involved!

feedoc.org

Let's get involved!

ADDRESS:
    14150 Black Star Canyon Rd
    Silverado, CA 92676

HOW TO GET THERE:

If you're driving from North:
    Take I-5 SOUTH towards San Diego, exit at Jamboree.
    Take LEFT onto Jamboree then take R at Santiago Canyon pass Irvine Lake then LEFT onto Silverado (T Section) and immediate LEFT onto Black Star Canyon Road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.

If you're driving from South:
    Take I-5 NORTH towards Los Angeles, take El Toro exit then take RIGHT onto El Toro. Go straight until you see Cook's Corner (keep straight) then El Toro become Santiago Canyon Rd. Turn RIGHT onto Silverado then immediate LEFT onto Black Star road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.

If you coming from 55 Freeway:
    From the 55 freeway in Orange, take the Chapman Ave. exit. Head east on Chapman Ave for a total of 10.8 miles (on the way it becomes Santiago Canyon Road). After Irvine Lake (bridge), turn LEFT on Silverado and take an immediate LEFT onto Black Star Canyon Road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.

* Park on the side. Make sure you don’t park in front of a No Parking sign.

Ride schedule subject to cancellation due to adverse weather conditions. Check the event calendar for any cancellation notice before heading out. For any reasons you are unable to attend the event ride, please change your attendance accordingly.

Thank you for joining and have a great ride!

Another post on their link!

The Black Star view is Outstandingly Beautiful up top. Our plan is to ride up to the Beeks place. We really want to encourage all riders who have never been there to try it. And the other thing is to meet and greet with old and new friends. It's NOT a grind fest. Pace is mellow and friendly or Ride With Your Own Pace. The trail is out and back the same way. Those who can't continue to ride to the Beeks place will be easy to turn around the same way back to parking lot. There's No Pressure for Beginners to finish the ride. All in all, this ride is just for Fun Holiday Ride.

Length | 15.4 total miles - up and down the same way
    Elevation Gain | 2,300 feet
    Trail Type | Out-and-back Fire Roads.
    Skill Level | Beginner and above
    Technical difficulty | Gradually Climbing / Moderate up to The Beeks Place
    Trailhead Elevation | 1,000 feet

Hope to see you all there!

13. ezworks

ezworks Member

Newest post!

Friendly reminders,
    As of now the event still go on as scheduled for Saturday, 12/20/14 but if we are not able to do it due to weather or trail condition then it will be postponed to next Saturday, 12/27/14. We will make a decision by Friday. Thank you all!

14. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    I think Rachel meant she'd drunk dial ya - she was drunk when she wrote her comment. : p

15. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    I'm a fan already!! I do have room to take a couple people from HB (or nearby) with me. Ryan/BikeThePlanet might be leaving town Saturday so I have room for 2 probably.... I can be reached at the info listed in posts below.

16. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

If it's has rained as much as it has by me there prepare for a muddy mess that will come to slow halt very fast. Probably the worst place to ride after the rain, even a light drizzle can turn that place into mud central and you will have to be cleaning your tires to keep riding.

17. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    She'll have ya in stitches - if you have bladder problems wear Depends.

But Mark (mfoga) is right; it'll be a mess on B* come Saturday.

18. Donny

Sales - Abrasives
    Thanks y'all for the updates. And thanks Mark for the heads-up on the mud situation = are you even back in the states (Mr. Million miles +!!)?? The FB page said if it sucks then it'll be rescheduled to the 27th. Of all the times I've ridden there I never encountered wet weather, luckily it seems. Will know by Friday as the post states. Either way, I'll still be looking to car pool - and if any of my fellow HB residents want to do any mtb/local/beach/road/bmx rides, whatever, hit a local bar (Shanghai'd room!) and kick my butt at pool, etc. I'm up for it!!

19. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

With as dry as it has been.....B* has actually been drying out really quickly lately. If it doesn't rain tomorrow or Friday.....it will be fine on Saturday.

20. Jocko

Jocko New Member

Just rode their last night up to the ball. The 3 bridge crossings before starting the climb were a bit slick and the Hidden Ranch area was really muddy. Picked up a lot of mud at Hidden Ranch but was able to get through without getting off the bike ...