SART & 30 Strava PR's

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Mr. Beanz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Well Gina went Christmas shopping instead of riding so Jose and I rode together. Had a nice tailwind so I told Jose I wanted to push it a bit hoping to break some of my PR's. Picked a good day, nice tailwind, and Jose was riding very strong. I'm usually at the front 96% of the time towing Gina but today I had help and it payed off. I got some recoup then pushed it on a segment that I figured would be fast.

Just got a K Edge mount for the Go Pro, works pretty well!

Lincoln to Taft, short segment but captured a 25.3 average speed. Crushed my old PR. :)

[video=youtube_share;cIsUC2xzVxc]http://youtu.be/cIsUC2xzVxc[/video]

The full video.

[video=youtube_share;tvEfbSqEMsc]http://youtu.be/tvEfbSqEMsc[/video]

2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    I mean this with the utmost respect to you Mr. Beanz and to roadies (or paved pathies) and anybody who's obsessed with any sport enough to use a GoPro...

...A POV video from a rider on a bike path riding in a straight line? Well, to each his own I guess. Appreciate the Slo Mo and AC/DC to spice it up.

Congrats on your PRs and your stoke for riding. Keep at it and don't let any internet idiots such as myself douse your flame. :bang:

3. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Whew, for a second there I thought you were going to say "go do a real ride like Santiago Cyn" or "go shuttle up MTT or shuttle up Sunset Ridge" :p

4. me and my bike

me and my bike New Member

man of many trades
    Dont take it personally Mr.Beanz, especialy comming from flakesalot...sorry I meant herzalot ;) Seriously chris, maybe you should start recording your rides, that way we'd have proof lol

5. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Ah, one of those! ;-)

6. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    I don't Strava, I don't GoPro, I don't take selfies. I just ride when I can. Nothing to prove to anybody.

7. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

But yet here you are criticizing my material and likes. Nice cell phone pics in your ride report though ha ha!

8. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    Material - a little, likes, no. Evidently, I am a horrible person because I occasionally poke a little bit of fun or offer slight criticism set amongst thousands of compliments.

So I'll restate what I said above - I have a lot of respect for people who pursue their passions and are proud of their accomplishments. Congrats on your PRs and stoke for riding. Keep at it.

If you post 15 minutes worth of video, you have to expect and accept some commentary. I took the time to watch it, although I confess to a lot of fast forwarding.

Keep riding, keep pushing yourself and keep posting videos. Do what you love! :wave:

9. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

If u knew my history u would know I have been doing this for 5 or 6 years. I don't do it because I show off my courses. I do it because I meet lots of riders and post them since many get a kick out of it. So u may be misunderstanding my material. My blog is full of people and riders not aimed at courses. Plus in my 70,000+ miles on the bike I have done everything and anything. Mt tandem road breathless a ride the bear 4 times gmr a million times other states mexico. So if you think my material is to show sart u might be misunderstanding my posts in the big picture. (smart phone on the run)

FYI I probably wouldn't have made this video but the guy riding with me was on my back about posting it. He was excited about watching himself ride, so I did it.
    It's not about the course. The short Strava seg was my idea. ;-)