Santiago Oaks Chutes Jumps

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by mtbfan, Feb 19, 2016.

1. mtbfan

mtbfan MTBFAN

Just wondering what is up with all those jumps on Chutes? Are they supposed to be jumped and cleared, or are they more meant as a pump track style? Not sure if anyone can actually clean those when jumping and actually make it to the next one? Just curious.

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Yes, they are horrible....too tall, too close together, too many, built in bad spots.

They were fine before....it will be no time before someone gets hurt on them.

While a lot of the work done at the Oaks is to help with deterioration/damage caused by rain....someone else has decided that there needs to be more jumps.

There have also been quite a few airlifts out off of Chutes Ridgeline lately.....the rock drop after the 2 tabletops have been eating people up with the wind blowing like it has. Riders getting blown off line/off their bike/off the trail. The landing here has also been altered, as well as the 2 rollers after it....currently it is dangerously soft on the sides of those rollers.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian New Member

I like them. I have only been there once since they were built, and I took them pump track style. The rest of Ridgeline is so smooth now that it's nice to have some fun again.

4. mtbfan

mtbfan MTBFAN

I agree. The space between the jumps is too small and potential for some major accident. Hopefully, someone will take this into consideration and re-do those jumps. Also, the rock drop you are talking about seems to have changed the landing. It seems to be extended farther out? I watched numerous riders come out short. It used to be perfect. Maybe, it can be fixed at the next trail work day so the average rider can enjoy this trail without getting hurt.