Santiago Cycling (Tustin)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Winger, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Winger

Winger Member

Located just down the street from The Path, Santiago Cycling has been around for as long as I can remember, and mainly caters to road riders. I bought my first mountain bike there in 2003. The experience was good, but I found more success finding mountain parts at other shops. I hadn't been there in 6 years.

I recently found out they are a Trek Red Shield Warranty center, but aren't listed on the Trek web site.

I took my Mountain bike in for some warranty work and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, they called with status updates, and the repairs were done perfectly. It took about 1.5 weeks including the time it took Trek to ship parts. I couldn't ask for any more out of a shop. I'd definitely go back there.

One other thought:
    Before the store opened, I struck up a conversation with another customer who asked me how much it *should* cost to replace a derailleur cable. I gave him my best estimate. As I was dropping off my bike, I overheard the conversation and their pricing actually was better than my estimate.

2. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    The path in Tustin, do they not work on Trek bikes (just curious) ?

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

The Path will work on Trek bikes.......

The Trek "Red Shield" Warranty is a warranty of all parts on the bike.......including drivetrain, that is warrantied through Trek dealers. The Path is not a Trek dealer

4. CarbonLegs

CarbonLegs Search for ultimate ride.

Moto Tech
    Oh-Warranty work, i was way off =)

5. bvader

bvader Long Live The Gorn!

Tech Guy
    Just FYI....

Santiago Cycling is under new ownership (~2yrs) and doing quite well with good reviews. Robert Kahler of the Kahler Cycling Academy used to own it but know focuses solely on his cycling academy which BTW is FUN and INTENSE, well worth it for those who really want to invest in / amp up their fitness in a methodical & measured programs. BTW his riders have many major accomplishments in their palmeres...
    He also partners with Chuck Bramwell as founders / organizers of Breathless Agony

http://www.cyclingpros.com/

http://www.cyclingpros.com/Torture.htm#Prelude