Ride Report Rr; rlk8

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Kid A, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    while str was taking a dirt nap RLK8 went off like a mofo. sharing the quick RR posted on FB and a short slideshow of the event for whomever may have missed it.

What a blast! We had 122 groms registered for RLK8 and these kids were ready to ROCK OUT!.

The event followed the same recipe as always; Ride, BBQ & Raffle but each part just somehow seemed a bit more fun, tastier and crazier than before.

We had 40 amazingly generous companies, shops and clubs donate providing the kids with arms full or bootylicious swag. 7 bikes were raffled off!!! are you f’n kidding SEVEN BIKES??? That a bike shop inventory... that was nuts.

It sure was hot but the kids in my ride group rocked it like hurricane. Watching the skilled kids rip and the other kids dig deep . I heard the same for most all the groups but could have guessed it anyway based on the from smiles as they rolled back in for the BBQ, Huge thanks to all the ride leaders and sweeps who kept the kids moving in a fun and safe manner.

Food, hah, that nothing but a speed bump before the raffle, right? NO not here at RLK. Colin once again stepped up to rock the grill and let me just say he did not disappoint. Pulled pork, burgers, dogs, this guys can do it all!

Is it me or is Andy aka Rut) the king of RLK. This guy rocked the mic once again, had everyone laughing, moving along and managed the raffle with the precision of a surgeon. It didn’t hurt that he had two hot mommas in Heather and Margo as his side kicks but cant take anything away and I thank him immensely for his commitment to RLK

I should also thank the following peeps for their amazing support and help today. Dan , Steve Ken, Mo , Duke, Craig ,Margo, Roxanne, Kevin, Lety , David,, Julie, Toby, Jeff , Scott, (please accept my apologies if i missed anyone)

Also want to thank my wife and son who put up with all the craziness over the past few months planning the event.

Please again accept my sincere thanks to all who attended to make today such a blast hold the weekend of Oct 3rd and 4th 2015 for next years event !

oh yeah we also raised enough cabbage to provide 18 bikes to those in need through Hans Rey's charity Wheels4life..not too shabby

[youtube]P2YD-aS6OYg[/youtube]

2. surftime

surftime New Member

self employed
    epic, thanks for posting. I keep missing it... one of these years

3. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

It was a blast!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    she insisted on wearing her new hat, t-shirt and socks to school the next day.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Adam and all the volunteers!
    (ps-photo upload works)