RR Mt. Sac Fat Tire Classic

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by dutch, Nov 4, 2007.

1. dutch

dutch New Member

Jax Bicycle Center Irvine, client advisor
    how'd y'all do???

me: 5th in the beginner 19-24 class.

I felt great all morning but got stuck behind a bunch of dudes pushing in the first off camber singletrack, also got sandbagged by a guy on a project one carbon trek with Top-of-the-line everything. pretty sure he was the fastest in our class. I felt like I could have podiumed, but hey, everyone has their good days and bad days. i hope someone posts an RR with some pics.

2. davidB

davidB Active Member

6th in 19-24

I know of the guy you're talking about, I'm quite sure he won as well.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo .

Denmother, Trail Paparazzi and Sprockethead should have a grip of pics:wave:

4. lukewiens

lukewiens New Member

yes congrats to all that were out there....one hell of an str presence!!! congrats to all those that placed and recieved awards....a few of you i know, many i hope to know soon.

:clap:

i came away with 2nd in sport 25-29 and a so cal triple crown champion jersey....woohoo!!

:bang:

5. slayer

slayer New Member

way to go luke:bang:i sucked big time, 10th in the 35-39 sport. oh well now i know i need to train harder. now it's time for VQ endurance training. congrats to all that placed and to all that gave it their best!!!

6. BadBoyRipper

BadBoyRipper Complete Rookie

Mortgage Banker
    I wasn't able to make it today, I broke my bike and my shop didn't have the parts in stock. Pretty bummed out. Glad to hear that STR had a great presence. I'll just have to hook up with you all another time soon.

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Mt. Sac Fat Tire Classic

Great racing from everyone today and loved getting to meet more people from STR. The weather turned out perfect and was just a fun day. I'm working on some pics. Great seeing you all. I'll share one of my favorite little spectator and post up more when ready. AND who was that dashing yet mysterious phantom racer ;) ? I believe he also won half the raffle prizes!!
    [​IMG]

8. Hanzo

Hanzo .

Ann and I saw this little guy do the little buttskid before he left a nice little tootsie roll for his owner. He was cute up until that point.#-o

Great to meet Pho'd up, mp3, ceedubb, atrex and bandman and to see the old as usual. Congrats to all those that won and there were several. Denmother, The Maxwell and Mann family, TrophySpokes, Klutter, Sauce, LukeWiens, Bflofox and a couple more were all winners.

A special thanks to mp3 who brought the Dakine drinks and the EZ tent.

Heal up CeeDubb and Pain Freaks friend that crashed on the downhill on the Cross bike.(didnt get his name)

Almost forgot they placed me 3rd in the beginner 30-34 year old group. Too bad Im in 40-44 group. They accidentally put me in the younger group, but after we squared things away with the officials I placed 7th in the middle of the pack. Wouldnt be right to take someones trophy.

9. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)
    yep...that's my hand trying to take the stick from the puppy...yet another battle lost today #-o:-k

Great fun day...LOTS of STR folk out there to ride and/or support others. 1st real race and realized at mile 3, that my legs were not quite up for it, but kept going....took 8th..so middle of the pack right where I belong.

I can't remember how many STR people placed, but kudos to Sauce, CrashMaxwell and Lacey, Ann (Huckspokes), Justin (SS machine), Allison and many others:bang:. We were very well represented today....in fact....Godfather....we need a STR popup for these type of events. Thnx to those that brought some adult liquid refreshments...they hit the spot (as usual).

CeeDubb...clean those wounds and put throw down a few Guinni to speed the healing. :beer:

btw....Painfreak was given a new name today..........RaffleWhore....way to support the school Mike! :)

Mario....nice to meet you and thnx for the bevs

10. CeeDubb

CeeDubb 9.8m/sec² - It's the law

Replay Timing
    Home Page:
    Started strong and crashed hard. Ended up 7th after the field pulled me in. Keeping the rubber side down may have helped better my result.

Still had a good time, but this is how I spent my time when I got home. Ouch!!

[​IMG]

11. CeeDubb

Replay Timing
    Home Page:
  12. CDale

CDale New Member

IT
    I didn't race, hope all that did had fun...

Anyway, took my camera a took some photos. Most of them are of the beginner's race. Hopefully, I got some of some STR riders/readers. If there's one of you and you liked it let me know.

Here's a link..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14569928@N07/sets/72157602923142923/

-Khoa / aka CDale

Opps sorry duplicate...

13. mco804

mco804 New Member

what a fun race that was. I placed 2nd in beg 25-29 and my wife got 3rd in beg 19-29. I did'nt get a chance to meet any of you guys, but next time I'm sure I will

14. Innes

Innes Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    I think I ended up 8th Beginner Clyde

15. lukewiens

lukewiens New Member

i agree.....

you deserve the "tuff man" award for pushin it up that last climb with double quad cramps...i don't think i could have done what you did. :clap:

i would have fallen over with bike on top and curled up in the fetal position...lol.

16. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Great day at Mt. Sac. Real good times hanging out with you all. I think I finished 8th Sport M 30-34. Which is fine because I was gassed out half way through the second lap.

Those trophys at Mt. Sac are pretty cool, so no wonder there's quite a bit of Sandbaggin' out there to get them.

However, STR peeps did really well at the race. Lots of hardware for STR today. So good, that some folks may have even called us "Sandbagger Trail Riders" today because everyone did so well.

Great fun, and quite the spectacle watching that last loose descent to the finish. Hope everyone that went down heals up quick.

Oh, Mario thanks for the tent and the gatorALE after the race.

Carl

17. CeeDubb

Replay Timing
    Home Page:
    Awesome pics! Thanks! :bang:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SlowSpokes

SlowSpokes aka HuckSpokes

STR Dirty Girlz rocked Mt Sac!...and the boys too. All the STR girls brought home some hardware today.

I achieved my goal of pushing myself until I thought I'd get sick. Getting 3rd in the Beg Women 30-35 (?) was a bonus.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragment. It was quite suprising to come around a corner and see a fellow STR cheering me on.

And man did those pigs have big balls! Moo Moo

19. davidB

davidB Active Member

glad to finally meet a couple of you. I could have swore when I went through the last downhill on my first lap I heard shouts of "STR!" but who knows.

p.s. that dog and his no toilet paper method ruled.

20. sheclimbs

sheclimbs Active Member

Congrats to all of you! you and the cows all have bigger b#$@'s than me!

Special shot out to the Dirtz Gals...we need to get some dirty jersey's on you!!!

Way to go Annie! Congratulations.

Congrats to Allison, Sara and Nancy too! Way to represent the Girlz!