RR Fontucky WS #3 (Feb 9-10) XC, Super D & DH practice pics

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Winston, Feb 9, 2008.

1. TylerSkyler

TylerSkyler New Member

nooot
    when will you have all your pics up??

2. dan440

dan440 New Member

Collision Repair Instructor.. Wreck and repair!
    Corona.. SO CAL! Or we will cut you! So to Speek
    Thanks Thats My ELLSWORTH Doing the Goast thing !Great Shot Thanks!

3. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Willie’s RR for the weekend:

Friday: I took a half day off work so Jason and I met up with Denmother, Roger, and Carl (Pho’dUp) in Fontucky so we could pre-ride the XC course. About 2 minutes into the ride, I got a flat. #-oNot the best way to start a ride. After fixing it, we got rollin’ at a nice easy pace just to check out the course. I liked the course, but I was a little worried about racing on it. To me it seemed fun to ride on, but not necessarily something I was excited to race for my first time.

Everything went OK until the very steep, loose section where you turn around to head back to the finish. I was apparently going to fast and lost control at the bottom and landed in some lovely sharp weeds and scratchy brush. My leg and elbow were scraped and my confidence bruised. I decided to give it another try, and thankfully I pulled it off the 2nd time. And according to the others, my drift even looked pretty cool.

After our ride, I got to meet Mr. Bob Burnes and watch him give some 4x pointers to Nancy and Denmother. I really want to see those two race 4x!! :bang:
    We went out for Mexican food after the ride (1st of 3 times this weekend), and Nancy and Roger were nice enough to donate an Ignitor 2.1 tire to replace my small block 8 (which is not the best tire for Fontana). Thanks again you guys!

Saturday: Race day. I wanted to go home. I was nervous, I was intimidated, and there was absolutely nothing fun about this whole process. I learned a few lessons:

1. Just wear the damn camelback next time (if there is a next time). Trying to survive on a hot day with a bottle of Heed/h2o mix just doesn’t cut it. It makes you thirstier.
    2. Beginners (like me) should race in Beginner. Not Sport.
    3. Apparently I stopped way too much to let people go by me. I cannot stand the feeling of holding someone up behind me, so I constantly stopped to let people go by.
    4. People like to say racing is fun, but it is not fun. It’s stressful and painful and I hated every minute of it.
    I really wanted to call it quits after the first lap because I was SOOOO thirsty for plain water, but seeing all my friends and STR peeps cheering for me kept me going (thanks guys!). I really hated it though.
    It was fun watching the 4x race and the kids race was really cute.
    Mexican food for dinner again, round 2.

Sunday: Ahhh much better. I didn’t have to race. I got to be a spectator in the shade. There were a lot more crashes today than the past races. I was worried about Gary when I saw him get tossed between those rocks, but it seemed like he was ok, just a little banged up. (But you were in full control – right Gary)?

Jason did great today, which makes me happy because when he's happy, I'm happy. :)
    Mexican food for dinner, round 3. Aye carumba!

Thanks again to everyone who cheered for me during my race. It was nice seeing some familiar faces while on the course too. Maxwell was my coach for a few minutes on the roly section (thanks Maxwell!) and Jeff was encouraging also (thanks Jeff!) All you guys kept me going for sure!

4. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    Today was a blast- a painfull one but great none the less. Everyone did awesome today!
    sdyeti pinned it and made it out clean, sorry I missed others- I was being burned to death waiting at the starting line. Sarah had a great run as well... It was nice to finally compete as it has been on my mind for quite a while. Rito beat me! glad he did because I talked him into racing this weekend.

I finished second to last, but at that point my mind was fixed on other things. Congrats to Allison, Jeff, Justin, Rito, Jason, Willie, Carla, Darin, SDYeti (sorry it takes me a while to remember names), Randy, Gilbert, Brad, Neil, Andy, Gabe, Tani, Teague, Ricky, Lee, Bob, and many others for competing! you all did great!

I met a few people on the track but didn't catch any names...8-[ Thanks to EVERYONE that kept me positive throughout all my crashes and throughout the race. So many great things happened today that I could probably spend an hour on just saying thank you to everyone.:beer:

*edit* how could I forget Nancy and Rodger! Although you two did not race DH today- you guys were killer on Sat. I bet you two would have owned today. Nancy got a wicked gash in her arm and didn't even break a sweat!!! something like that would make me cry out in pain thats for sure! Here I am complaining about a headache and back pains while Denmother has it worse and can laugh it all off. way to go!!

5. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

yup, the Bling crash was none other than ROBO ANCHOR! :bang: at least you didn't pinch flat :lol:

6. dan440

dan440 New Member

Collision Repair Instructor.. Wreck and repair!
    Corona.. SO CAL! Or we will cut you! So to Speek
    Ill Be Back! Thanks Ill need to pull my anchor Next Time! I hate when that Happens! Good luck all next race ill be out in that one!

7. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    Mudman,

Feel better!

Julia said "Ouch!".

Congrats to all the racers.

-Elvia

8. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

I know we have never met but when I heard someone say "oh s**t that's mudman" I snapped this one for you

[​IMG]

9. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    guess I'll be hearing about this one for a while... :lol:

oh yeah and thanks to the people that helped me back up! I would have been on the ground a lot longer if not for them.

10. GnaR9

GnaR9 New Member

You win best crash of the weekend for sure... that I saw at least.
    You looked pinned through the top rocks for sure.
    A quote from a friend after we saw you were alright.
    "Dude was just pinned and looked clean, then bam! Capitan Rock took him out!"
    :beer:to you for that crash!

11. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Again Props to you Gary, but I am laughing my @$$ of at the whole BAM Captain rock took him out thing...

Some funny $h!t right there fo sho:bang:

12. BobBurnes

BobBurnes Silverback Racing CEO

USAF Combat Search and Rescue
    Home Page:

Dude...you're an animal!!!!:beer::beer:

13. PhotoMom

PhotoMom New Member

Photographer
    Home Page:

Would that be me by chance? :-k If so, thank you for the compliment! I only ask because I posted that I got the entire sequence. If so, you didn't misunderstand - I got 'em. Uploading is slow going but that crash sequence will be up by tonight and probably processed first thing in the morning. I'm fading fast.

:)

PhotoMom

14. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
  15. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing

Andy, Thank you for your words of encouragement as I went by today... Gave me a little extra kick into the second corner...:bang:

16. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
    Your welcome. i was yelling for most of the later racers. im glad i could help, and it gives me something to do when im sitting up there all alone

17. Abstrakt77

Abstrakt77 New Member

I have no job
    So that was you...right on.:beer: Your "woohoo" helped spark up some extra energy.

18. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Ouch

Some of the finest Fontucky carnage it has to offer...(until someone gets hurt :-s)
    Please tell me this isn't Vince!! The damn Sharky jinx lives on and on and on....
    [​IMG]
    An STR practice bundle(sorry Andy no control over powers of jinx)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Once again nice shoots Sharky. I must say of all the pics of wrecks this has got to be one of the best,

HEY!!! Where'd that rock come from?!!
    [​IMG]

20. SheDevil

SheDevil I just ride my bike....

Mudman...glad you're okay!!!! Wow!! But one question.....did you scratch my bike?????? ;) Speedy recovery to those who were injured...congrats to everyone who got out there and had fun!!!