RR Fontucky WS #3 (Feb 9-10) XC, Super D & DH practice pics

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Winston, Feb 9, 2008.

1. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Yes, the left, he held it up and his hand was about 1" higher then his forearm

2. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    i saw it from up top where sharky was... shes the photographer in the white in the first pic and it looked bad how much higher it was.. im surprised he stayed so calm and laughed about it later... i would hvae freaked out!!

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Evil walked him down and
    turned out to be a a bit of a compound fracture!! Amazing how he just jumped right up after . So many crashes there including a horrible morning practice one with Steve Busher. Hope he's OK any word I wasn't there but heard how bad it was. As far as the girls shooting I realized at the end Photomom was there so caught much of those or Marissa with the long black hair. I may have? You all did so great today always so fun watching CONGRATS to you all.
    Thanks for the pics DBD hope to meet next time. I'll work on my photos soon.

4. TylerSkyler

TylerSkyler New Member

nooot
    ouch i saw that one today. but i wonder how the other guy is doing, the first guy with the reeaally bad fall. Does anyone know how hes doing? After i watched his fall my stomach was turning :?:

5. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    As far as I know, Steve Buscher, the guy who crashed in morning practice, suffered a broken arm, concussion, and had a large hemotoma on the forehead. I talked to Donny during awards, he was really bummed that the rock section turned so sandy, he really didn't foresee that happening when he set up the course.

6. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    I was the somewhat large stature guy with his daughter next to Photomom at the bottom. It was the lil girls first race, well except for BigBear when she was 6mo and I was racing but she does not remember that.

After the crash she was very worried about the guy, her words, "I did not like the two crashes. Well, they were fun to watch and the racers got back up and finished but the guy who broke his hand, I did not like that, will he be alright? . . ." She also said that after watching him get hurt that her skinned knees from a fall were not really that bad.

We arrived just after the morning crash of Steve Buscher so she missed that one.

As for all the sand, that is just Fontana as I recall from yeas ago. Maybe Donny could work something out with one of the neighbors to use their hose and keep it watered down when it gets like that :-k probably not, just thinking online.

7. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

Nancy,

Sorry to hear about your crash.....I could not make it to Southridge after all since I had to stay home this weekend with my 4 year old with "diarrhea" #-o

I hope you heal fast so we can do some more night rides in Fontucky.....

8. Jman

Jman Live Free, Ride Hard

Home Page:
    Wow, that is some serious carnage all the way around. Sounds like a tough course. When I was warming up for XC it looked like it was going to be a fairly fun course but it seems like it turned a bit ugly. Were there some smoother/cleaner runs as well? How'd the rest of the STR peeps do?

9. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    I believe that the broken wrist was the second ambulance for the day... Another guy cam hauling into the same rock garden smacked a pedal, ripping it out of the crank and sending him flying... I believe that he ended up with a broken leg..

10. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    There was a TON of carnage there!!

I went down in my first run on the second little rock garden. I think my bar plug, my knee/hip and then my head smashed really hard. Double Wide saw it all up close ;)

11. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks! I want to win a jersey for actually trying all year ;)

Justin came in 2nd. He and the guy that won his class go back and forth every race. The guy kind of cut the course, and never went back to redo where he cut. Justin didn't want to win by DQ, and the guy didn't turn himself in. :?:

How was your XC race?? I heard they called David for like 2nd, but he had left I think.

12. Jman

Home Page:
    I improved the last race time by about a minute. My biggest goal was to ride the whole thing (no HAB) and I was mostly successful. I hit some rocks and had the rear tire spin out on the last part of that Hellish climb in the back of the course so I ran it up the last 25 yards or so. My class is a very tough one with about 11 riders. I placed 7th out of 11. (The winner did it in just under 40 minutes and my time was 58 minutes and some change)

How'd you guys do on DH?

13. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    I had a *really* bad time yesterday. Pretty bad crash has me banged up and I was basically mentally scarred, so when we got to the first rock garden yesterday afternoon I felt like crap and then basically saved myself from a horrible crash again. I rode the bad section again, somewhat clean, and then made it passed where I had crashed in the morning.

After practice this morning my goal was to have a clean run, and I did. I'm somewhat disappointed I managed to lose 7 seconds on a course that short, but I guess that is what happens when your goals aren't DH oriented :D

Congrats on the improvement! Keep it up!

14. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

A big "get well" going out to our pal Steve Busher (aka CaDownhillDoll's boyfriend)...he went down HARD in the upper rock garden during practice.

update on his injuries: concussion, black eye, a big knot on his head, soft tissue damage in his shoulder and needs surgery on his hand tomorrow to fix a dislocated bone.

And, STR's own Mudman had a freak crash in the rockgarden...for the record, he was NAILING the line and flying down the hill in complete control, then front wheel caught a rock (?) and he went down pretty hard, ending up in the crevice between two rocks with his bike on top of him. Said he was feeling pretty sore, so healing vibes going out his way....

15. Jman

Home Page:
    Allison it sounds like anyone who survived the course intact should get a trophy. I'm slowly getting past that 'scared' mental block on the 4x course. Getting some protective gear has really helped as well.

SDYeti, did you race DH?

16. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

On another related note to crashes...we saw a LOT of people eat it in the rock garden over the last two days. A good handful of riders (not necessarily the ones who crashed) were wearing XC helmets. I ask, no I implore you, please invest in a full face helmet, even a cheap one! It could really make the difference between a bump on the head and a face full of stitches (or worse).

Yep, I raced DH. No crashes and a pretty solid run (with a couple small mistakes) was only enough for 7th place today (2:20). A short course definitely made things interesting. I am working on posting up the photos.

17. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Congratulations to all who competed!
    Get well soon Steve! :beer:

I believe SAUCE is also a bit dinged up. She busted up her rib in practice and raced in pain. Way to go girl! :clap:

Mudmann- All I can say, I did not enjoy watching his crash unfold before my eyes! To say he was going faster than 75% of the riders flying down that rock garden today- would be a completely accurate statement! Waaayyy TOO HOT in my opinion- you hear that GARY!!!! :( After a few seconds, he got back up and pedaled away. For his first race ever, he did MUCH better than any of us could have hoped (except for that one section). :clap:

Special Shout out to My Homie Gabriel Zink (aka The King of all Knuckleheads) for racing today. We all thought he had retired for good! Nope. He killed it on the hardtail today! :clap: Next time bring the BIG BIKE!

18. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Come on over to the darkside...:bang: We will be waiting

19. Jman

Home Page:
    Well SD congrats on surviving. 7th place sounds like a keeper with such a harsh course. I have to agree with the full face though!

20. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

TIRADE ALERT: While I do agree with SDYETI that a full face helmet is a MUST, I can not figure out *FOR THE LIFE OF ME* why people (especially those under 18) ride without knee, shin, body armor or FREAKIN' GLOVES!!!! WTF? :?: I saw one such TEEN eat it right in front of me.:eek: His unprotected elbow/forearm had already started bleeding by the time he got back up! #-o

Then again, it's none of my business....