Rock Shox Reverb First Impressions

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by vukyle, Oct 6, 2010.

1. reerun

reerun New Member

So I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the reverb and just wanted to hear a long term update from the users. Any sideways or front to back wiggle? does it need to be bled often?

I have no bike rack so every time I hit the trails I take my wheels off throw them in the trunk and sit my bike upside down across the back seat, I wonder if the post will get air in it. Doesn't seem to affect my brakes though.

thanks

2. int3r

int3r New Member

yeah me too, would like to see a long term usage of this.
    being hydraulic, leaking may happen sooner or later, thats why Im leaning more toward mechanical one like gravity dropper. Im glad the OP likes it.

3. Allan

Allan New Member

R.N.
    I purchased the Reverb on Black Friday at the Path. Ever since then I've been riding Fully Loop and Turnbull. I haven't noticed any play and haven't bled them yet and i haven't noticed any leaking. The Reverb works great. My other buddies with the Joplin and KS seatpost like the Reverb.

4. tandem

tandem New Member

you forgot to mention that it made you faster going downhill :)

5. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    I've had the Reverb since September with no issues. Have not had to bleed it, no sideways or front to back wiggle. Very pleased with the post as it has both local and Utah/Nevada trail time on it....pull the trigger!

6. vukyle

vukyle New Member

Well it's approaching three months since I've owned my Reverb and this is what I have to report.

In the beginning I mentioned there was a bit of play and that I never felt it while riding. The play hasn't increased since I've used it. So as far play goes, it's still the same since the beginning.

Riders will definitely want to bleed their Reverb after purchasing it. My theory on why Reverbs aren't perfectly bled from the factory is that most people end up having trim the cable. New Reverb owners would end up having to rebleed them anyways.

Another thing I noticed is that the hydraulic remote system is susceptible to heat. What I mean by this is that if left unattended inside a car for whatever reason, the fluid expands in the system. This prevents the remote to function correctly. Is this a big issue? No, because 1. you shouldn't leave your bike unattended in the car for a period of time, and 2. If this happens, it will take a couple minutes to cool down and then it will function correctly. No harm is done.

So that's what I have to report since I've owned it.

7. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Not exactly true. Rock Shox specifies it's not needed to bleed the system if you cut the line you just have to follow procedure. My Reverb has been dead perfect since I purchased it, cut the line twice to get the length right and have not had to bleed it, ever. It's been perfect since pullin g it out of the box.