PUSH Industries

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by soul rider, Jan 30, 2008.

1. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
    so I sent in my shock in to PUSH Sept2007 for a rebuild.
    hit a San Juan ride, then some drops around town...
    anyhow I noticed oil coming from the threaded portion of the shock body that screws into the reservoir. I sent the shock back and PUSH did state that the shock is out of warranty, but if they do find upon inspection that it was a problem due to workmanship and such they would perform a rebuild at no cost.
    got the call today...a bad o-ring was the problem and PUSH is going to do the rebuild at no cost to me.
    Service like that is great... honesty and excellent work.
    I have more shocks to send them...so they will get more business from me!
    thank you PUSH

2. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Great place great people .
    My bike has a pushed shock on it. Works perfectly every time.

3. silverspot

silverspot Go that way...

I am just waiting for an excuse to send my Roco RC to PUSH.

4. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

No excuse is needed. Just send it.

I've also had a good experience with them.
    Before the Mammoth trip, I sent my shock in. Their website said something like 4 days to return, would have been just in time (I know, I sent it at the last minute). The day after I sent it, their web site changed to 8 days. I paniced and bought another shock because I was worried I wouldn't get the one I sent in back in time, and I wasn't going to miss the Mammoth trip. I got my shock back from Push the day I had to leave (4 days). So now I have a 9.5" x 3" brand new Fox DHX coil shock for sale.

5. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Info for the Tribe re: Push Industries

For those of you that don't know, Darren Murphy is the founder and president of PUSH. He was also one of the partners that built Chuck Bikes (a great bike for its time). Couldn't be a better guy... honest as the day is long and believes in customer service... plus he's a hell of a lot of fun to ride with as well. He stands behind every product he ships out the door... and he's accessible by phone!

:bang:

6. thephat

thephat Active Member

I can't say enough good things.

Push really knows how to tune suspension.

I have had three shocks pushed, and they never stop amazing me.

7. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Anybody used both Push and Garage Works?
    Care to post a comparison?

8. Marshall Willanholly

Marshall Willanholly Active Member

Home Page:
    I've used both. Push offers services that GarageWorks does not. Push's tuning systems are made in house and replace many of the stock parts in your shock/fork to help improve performance and tune it to your bike/weight/riding style. The only downside is they currently only offer services for Fox and some Marzocchi and Rock Shox products. Here's a good look at what they do: http://www.littermag.com/features/pushindustries/1.htm

Garageworks doesn't have quite the same capabilities as Push, such as Push's CNC machines and shock dyno, but Steve is very knowledgeable about suspension and can get most any fork or shock working well for you, as well as help you understand the settings. It's also an advantage that they are local. They've done work for me and CB on both Marzocchi and Manitou forks. Plus, they sell 5.10 shoes!

9. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    If only you could have been a little more specific...
    :lol:

Thanks for the great info!

10. Acadian

Acadian New Member

if I had 4 hands I would give Darren and the guys at Push four thumbs up. I’ve been friends with Darren for a long time now and over the years I’ve also been fortunate enough to be able to try many different bikes with both stock then Push tunned suspension.

It all started when Darren was working for Romic, he used to let me try special one off bits he made for Romic shocks and even back then it improved the ride and performance.

Many people think Push is out there to make $$, but they are not. Their ultimate goal is to improve the performance of your suspension and ride experience. They listen to their customers and really try their best to give them exactly what they are looking for.

I like Push as a company and love their work. Many people send their shock to Push even before trying it out sock…but I strongly suggest that before sending any piece of suspension to Push, ride it in it’s stock form for a extended period of time. This way you can really judge for yourself and make your own conclusion – and I’m positive you won’t be disappointed.

I never tried GW - the only dealings I've had with Steve is for FiveTen/Oakley products. Another super nice guy...

11. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    I am curious what the average going rates are for the service? I have heard nothing but good things about Push from other people besides people on STR. Another question do you have to take your shock off yourself to bring in for service or could you bring in the your whole bike and get the fron and rear shock serviced all at the same time?

12. G-Ride

G-Ride New Member

I would have to agree with everything that has been said about Darren and Push Industries. I had the good fortune of having one of the first prototype rebuilds of the old Vanilla RC about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly, I don't think I even paid anything since his kit was still in the development phase and he wanted feedback. Not only an amazing product (the increase in damping performance is phenomenal) but you couldn't ask for better customer service. I'm glad to see they are still going strong and haven't lost touch with their customers and business philosophy. And like others have said already, you don't have to wait for your shock to disintegrate to send it to them. I wouldn't hesitate to have them rebuild a brand new one.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.pushindustries.com/

All kits are listed with pricing.

13. airgabe

airgabe New Member

teacher
    Push 130 talas 4 sale

They do great work and I have an extra talas PUsh 4 Sale or trade for F100 . I need a lightweight fork for my epic buildup.....

14. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Check their website-www.pushindustries.com - Lloyd

15. silverspot

silverspot Go that way...

Unless you live in Loveland, CO, it might be best just to take the shock (and/or fork) off yourself and send it to them.:bang:

16. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I just got my fork back from Push Industries. I am amazed by the difference. I have a Fox Vanilla 32/140mm RL. They did a custom valving, new seals, bushings, and they upgraded to an RLC. Now I get low speed compression damping and I can adjust the lockout force. They also replaced my scratched-up Fox stickers and the fork looks almost new again. They also returned all of my old worn parts, gave me a sticker sheet, and included a card with my old fork settings. Excellent service and I highly recommend them
    Oh yeah the fork rides great on the trail!
    later....

17. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Great to hear that Darren's service has not changed any.

18. epicriderat

epicriderat New Member

Self employed DME
    I have nothing but good to say about the guys at PUSH also. Thier shock work is undeniably a improvement, whether it's a rear shock or a fork. The customer service is second to none, my first experience was when Darren gladly replaced my 2 yr old mono link for the Intense 5.5 frame. The fact that they didn't make that part anymore, didn't stop Darren from digging through the shop and finding one to send me. Great company.

19. They suck.....

Just kidding, I have no idea, but I hear they're Grrrrrrreat!

20. Dynamatt

Dynamatt Ride or Die

Prop Maker
    Home Page:
    Do they PUSH Boxxers?? I heard they did but it's not up on the website