**Postponed to 2012** 24 HOA - Hurkey Creek 9/10/11 - merged

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by MojoCP, May 4, 2011.

1. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    I haven't seen many people post about this particular race here on STR. Does anyone here go on a regular basis? (though now its September only). I knew it lost a lot of racers for a while because it was scheduled on the same day as a few other races or bike events. Is that still the case?

It's one of my favorites and I go whenever I can... though in recent years that just means a 10 man team / BBQ & beer fest. :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    I was considering it for this year but note they dont list their prices (which are usually excessive) and they still persist in the requirement to have you bring a volunteer (who is unpaid of course.)

3. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    Yeah - that can be a drag. But its not so bad in the big groups. Usually, someone can bring a spouse that can give up a few hours. For smaller groups, yeah - I never really thought about that as a barrier to entry, but you're probably right.

4. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Their price is fairly expensive, but the location is pretty close. I went to Arizona for the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo. Entry fee was much MUCH cheaper, but the cost of gas made the trip very expensive! I don't mind paying a bit more for Hurkey just because I don't have to drive far, I just wish there was more competition.

Regardless, I haven't decided if I want to get with my teammate from last year and defend out 2 person win from last year or try out my legs in going solo.

Edit: Also, when you split up the cost for a team, I think it ends up being equal in price to many of the 100 mile races out there. I know Leadville is well over $200, as is the TS 100.

5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

They usually have the fees listed on the website......right now they are not listed, but they are updating the website.

I have raced the September 24hr 3 out of the last 4 years(missed last year) and I always new what the fees were before I registered a team.

Usually ends up costing about $135 per rider.

Very fun event.

Here is the price breakdown for Canmore from the website:

https://registration.24hoursofadren...ontentID=fbad788e-3048-8bc6-e8d2-de707513762c

6. ladera Dave

ladera Dave New Member

Millwork project manager
    see if you can hook up with a Corporate team, they have fun out there. A great place to ride.

7. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Not doing it unless they allow unsupported solo riders.

8. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    What do you mean? They do allow unsupported solo riders as far as I know. I have done it on a 2 man tea, twice, and never had to bring a volunteer. The volunteers are just for the larger teams.

9. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Didn't they have some financial troubles last year and had to cancel some races??? The only race listed right now is the Canmore race which has it's own web site. The main website (USA) says this:

Coming Soon

With the launch of the new “24 Hours of Adrenalin – Canmore” site you see additional events listed.

Once we are happy with the Canadian site, additional event sites will start to appear.
    1. World Championships
    2. USA
    3. Australia
    4. UK
    5. Portugal
    6. Organizations looking become part of the global series should email [email protected]
    7. Additionally the video section will be added soon.

10. norfolk

norfolk New Member

11. zipsbiker

zipsbiker New Member

I've raced it that last two years, once as a duo and last year 8hour solo. It's a very fun course. I will actually miss it this year as I got into LOTOJA which is on the same day.

12. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I was a huge fan of 24 HOA but after they went bankrupt and I got told to screw off by them I decided my money was better spent elsewhere. The Hurkey Creek course is a great course for a mtb race and that is the main reason they had the success they did but a poorly managed company will only last so long.

13. deja vu

deja vu done dirt cheap!

To be honest I am concerned about the event.....last year was not quite the same and more than one of us was wondering what would happen this year...the date was up earlier this year for sep 10-11...doesn't seem that hard to have a date posted? I love this venue and hope it continues in one form or another.

14. helibike

helibike New Member

Hello Adrenalin Participants,

Just a quick note to let you know that YES the event is taking place this coming fall (September 9th - 11th). We just launched our first in a series of new web sites. Six to launch this year globally.

We are a bit behind on the Hurkey Creek site, will have it up and running within two weeks.

24 Hours of Adrenalin - Hurkey Creek September 9th - 11th. Race start 12 noon on Saturday for all categories.

24 Hours of Adrenalin

Feel Free to email us with questions.

Thanks

15. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    Looking forward to the 24 hour race. Not looking forward to such a high entry fee for so few competitors. Maybe you guys should contemplate adding some sort of incentive to people who can encourage more riders to sign-up for the race. e.g. Get a group of 5 solo racers together to sign up and you all get 15% off registration fees.

I traveled to Arizona for a race earlier this year and the money I saved on the entry fee was what I had to spend on gas. The only difference is the race in Arizona had, I'd guess, about 10 times the number of racers that Hurkey Creek gets. If it is going to cost me $600 for a race (including gas/entry fees), I'd rather race against 70 people in my category instead of 5.

16. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    They must be doing a-ok.... I just went to sign up and most categories are sold out! #-o

17. krunner44

krunner44 Member

Hair.
    Hmmmm. Good to know. Gonna be trying to sign up (a team of some sort) by the end of the week. If it's all sold out, then it wasn't meant to happen I guess.

18. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

They said they were having website problems and closed all the registration until the end of the week (or as soon as they fix it). Registration hasn't filled up yet, at least not completely.

Hurkey Creek, however, is filled up. I was kinda bummed to hear that, don't have a place to stay yet.

19. dubjay

dubjay Having upgraditis is OK

Work for publisher of fashion magazines
    Home Page:
    Don't they usually reserve all the spots for the teams that weekend? Maybe that's what you're seeing?

I was thinking about putting a team together if I can find enough like-minded individuals. Or wouldn't even mind joining a team if somebody needs an extra.

20. fatboyone

fatboyone Keep the rubber side down

Not sure what you are camping in, but there are 3 yellow post camping spots within 1/4 mile of the campground. They are first come first serve and pretty nice spots.