Picture from ouchie at loop yesterday

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by TrailJesus, Aug 24, 2007.

1. andy aka rut

andy aka rut Active Member

Sorry to hear about yet another fall on the loop.
    Jeana was approaching Euclid behind another rider. He slowed down and got a little too close to the fence. His bars tangled into the fence and he sprawled out on the trail. Jeana was right behind and kinda went OTB, but maybe a little more over the side. Anyway, she broke her clavicle (Tuesday.) Just got out of surgery about 2 hours ago. Nice new shiny plate and several screws. Slow recovery for a healthy body. Heal up quick (both of you.)

2. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Sorry to hear that Andy. Best wishes to Jeana for a speedy recovery!

On to Jesse's mishap- For the 10th time, The Iron Horse Search and Rescue Division :bang: had everything under control. I believe thanks are also in order for getting your bike running again!

Also wanted to know how the lemon juice felt on your open wound? :eek: IDIOT! ](*,) He took the lemon out of MY glass and proceeded to sqeeze the juice onto his wound (the beer talking). I decide to "RUB" it in! :lol:

3. guero

guero iFroth

dang, that sucks andy! hope she gets well soon.

i think i just rode my last fully loop group ride this past thursday. with so many riders, and so many other factors in the mix, its just a disaster waiting to happen, as we've seen happen week after week after week after week...

4. andy aka rut

Sounds like a change in venue is due. I have the next few weekends already full, but I'll plan a FRED ride in Aliso on an upcoming Friday....soon.

5. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    Sorry to hear another fellow rider was hurt. That loop is just claiming people left and right. I think we need to stay away from there for a while. I hear talk of luge... hmmm?

6. guero

guero iFroth

that would be disasterous, there is no way i'd ever go on a group ride on stt/luge with more than 10 people, especially if a good majority of the group had never ridden the luge before. if i did go on a group ride up stt/luge it would be with experienced riders only. no offense to the newbies but there are just way too many areas for sh*t to hit the fan on the luge and on some of the dh portions of stt to try to have a big group ride there.....blackstar; sure, fullerton; sure; stt/luge; [-X this is just my opinion on the suggestion.

7. cH4os

cH4os LIVE IT! RIDE IT! LOVE IT

PMO
    Whiskey and Beer always heals my wounds.

Fully Loop has always just been a slow party ride, for me. if Im in the city, I want to ride the car lines on a fixie.

Come Run Blackstar on Tuesday Nights.
    Some return from Beeks, Some from the Ball, Some down Skyline/Back, Some continue to Motorway.

There are all flavors of fun.

6:00pm at the Christmas Tree Lot.

8. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    STEVEN!

Man, I haven't seen you in a long time. Yeah, Ann and I were talking about throwing in Blackstar Tues night rides again. We'll probably be going to Beeks only since we've been gravity bums the last few months. We'll have to set up a ride soon.

BTW, sorry to hear about Jesse and Jeana. I hope the two of you heal up fast so you can get back in the saddle again. We'll still be riding the loop on Thur nights, been doing that for years since it's so close to our house.

9. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer
    The Fred rides still going??? Does Mike Santa Cruz still do them???

10. mcgyver0302

mcgyver0302 Life behind bars

Slave
    Home Page:
    Ah ya big baby... just rub some lemon on it and have another beer! Just don't tell your Mom!:drunk:

11. andy aka rut

The FRED rides died about a year or two ago. I hope to get an end of the season Friday FRED Ride going soon. Think 70's or and Disco.