Over The Hump - LA is returning to Castaic!!

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by marshal, Mar 9, 2014.

1. marshal

marshal New Member

I raise gophers :)
    Just got official word: Over The Hump is once again returning to the Castaic Lake area!

Once again, it's on Thursday evenings, a 9 race series:
    May 29, June 5, June 12, June 19
    a break
    July 24, July 31, Aug 7, Aug 14
    And Friday, Aug 22: Finale and Celebration

The Over The Hump series is fun and VERY family friendly!
    Castaic Lake has lots of open space, picnic tables, outdoor BBQ grills, a nearby kids' playground area and plenty of nearby parking. For spectators and non-participants, there is NO charge to attend, watch and check out the Vendor area (everyone entering the park must pay the park's low parking fee).

Don't want to pay for parking? There are several areas nearby, where you can park and ride to the event.

ALL participants are welcome: beginners, first timers, experienced racers, as well as those that don't ride at all and simply want to watch or hang out.

More info:
    http://raceothla.com/

(Castaic Lake is very close and easy to get to. It's right off the I-5 Freeway, just North of Magic Mountain. The Zipcode for Castaic is 91384, so just map it to see the area.)

2. ocdingbat

ocdingbat Member

sparky
    hows it going man?! I see someone is HOOKED!!

3. marshal

marshal New Member

I'm doing good (about as good as I can), thanks! Guess you finished your work project in Ventura, huh? Sorry you never made it out to a OTH in Castaic, last season.
    Then, as the PedalFest series that just ended, as well as the OTH-LA that starts this May, I'm not racing. I still have fun and participate by Volunteering as a Course Marshal (also handling vehicle traffic control, where the racers turn and cross a center median and a paved and well traveled road, on each lap of the course.

I hope more STR members will join the fun at the upcoming OTH-LA. Chris and BP's Mgr, Recardo, (the timing guyz) make I out for each event. And although Mike and Dino can't seem to find their way to cross the Orange Curtain, I did see several BP and FB Jerseys at the last few events... :)

4. marshal

marshal New Member

bump

5. sxc70

sxc70 2bz4wrk

bike rider
    reading all the fun times people have had riding down at irvine lake
    for over the hump.
    Having all the orange county peps drive all the way to castaic lake on thursday night in traffic will be a buzz kill for a lot of folks.
    I cant speak for all, being i live in chino i have not raced the over the hump nights.
    but if you are racing i wish you a great time and hope you win.