over priced adds

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by leondelmonte, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigbow

Bigbow New Member

It wouldn't hurt to make a forum for whiners...maybe move this over to the Pub where I thought it should have been to begin with? Of course, then your posts would need its own for those who cry about others' whining.

Funny that this site as a whole has a bad rep for poor convo and decorum

2. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Is this 1080p?

classifieds estalking ain't cool.

3. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    Poor decorum? STR has a reputation for poor decorum?

That actually made me chuckle.

Evidently you and i frequent quite different corners of the internet.

4. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX

The OP started this thread in the "General Section". I moved it to the "Market Place" because it WAS about adds.

5. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Really? what website/people state this website has poor convo and decorum? Id love to know.....

Someone make some popcorn

6. Bigbow

Bigbow New Member

[​IMG]

I've been here for only a few months and in that time have seen 2 people post that they are forever leaving the site because of many 'grievances'. In both of these cases his post was followed by many others who could agree with the stated reasons and shared some of their own. The post history only goes back 5 threads so I can't just check my history for it and it would take too much time to find it by checking ALL of the Pub's since Oct...so maybe someone knows one of those threads? Where he says that he gets cut off frequently on route to the trails by vehicles with 'STR' stickers...Many people suggested he stay as he was a good guy to have around so I'm expecting that some people who are reading this know about that thread!

Just a few days ago someone posted a thread with the title something along the lines of 'It's happened again' where he broke his 2nd Giant Reign frame and the thread gradually devolved into him being ridiculed for appearing very over-weight in his pictures...then when I checked it later the thread was deleted

Then there are threads like this where even you (prorapter) 'contribute' with your ever present snarky way: http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/general-discussion/61962-new-trend-i-do-not-like-4.html

But honestly now, most of the threads I think 'this isn't good...' DO end up getting deleted. Which I mostly agree with; why let a bad thread go on after all? But it sure makes it tough for someone who doesn't have the most positive opinion of a place to prove the point that there's definitely a certain population of members in this site that generally tend to berate and rant vs save their postings for the 'good' of the community.

I find it funny that prolly the ad that inspired this thread has already lowered his price $60 and raised the price for only the OP. lol. Guess it's possible to be difficult and cruel, but still have a sense of humor about something! A true STR member indeed

Just my .02 cents, YMMV, to each his own, blah blah etc etc

7. Steve C

Steve C Team Sausages 2012

Special projects manager
    Thanks for your concern, but my glorious man boobs, beautiful belly and sweet ass took no offense to the "ridicule." Also, appearing very over weight isn't my fault, Varaxis took a picture of my bad side. OPTICAL ILLUSION!!!

Welcome to the internet. :welcome:

8. genusmtbkr5

The OP asked to have his account deleted. While some comments were nice and wished him well, others weren't and bashed him for his post. Why keep a thread the OP started when he can no longer reply to them?

FYI: Since that thread was over 2 weeks old, it got buried by newer threads. It's on page 6 of the "General Section", not the "Pub". You can still view the thread, but can no longer reply:
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/general-discussion/61877-last-straw.html

Again, the OP PM'd me and ask me to delete it while the warranty was being looked into. I simply honored the OPs request.
    Do you want me to forward you that PM?

Threads don't get deleted unless it violates posting guidelines. Threads do get closed if it gets out of hand like this one has.

Anything else?

9. thomaswildchild

thomaswildchild Active Member

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    Really, WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR LOLCATZ???? :lol::lol:

10. emcil

emcil my wife no like me

Spring Maker
    If I added my thoughts about it would total nothing. That about sums it up. This may divide the masses.

11. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    Go ride your bikes.........

12. mtbbiker

mtbbiker Member

Car business
    So when you click on "contact seller" that's not a pm? I had no ideal the email feature was not working properly.

13. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

let me know when and where....ill charge my light.

bigbow you are very misinformed probably because you dont know any str members personally. if you knew stevec in person you would know that he loves when people talk how his boobs and how they are nicer than most members' wives or girlfriends boobs. as far as me being short with people you expressed your opinion and i expressed mine. ill put a heart next to my response to you next time i reply

yeah it is supposed to send an email to the seller but doesnt work. best way would to be click the members name and pm them

14. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Contact Seller should send an email. Most people missed them as they would get caught by spam but if I have something for sale I make a point to check spam folder. I tested other day and no email. If you the username in the add Then send a message it send a message withing classifieds and will show up when they check classifieds where it likely says no messages on your lower tool bar. To send a PM you would have to go back in forum then send one to the user from there.

15. genusmtbkr5

Sorry, seems we can't keep things from getting out of sorts once again. All off topic post deleted. I guess all that can be said about about "over priced adds" has been said. Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.