Race Report Oth #2

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by krunner44, May 31, 2011.

1. evof3nd3r

evof3nd3r New Member

Software Analyst
    Whoa, now that's impressive. I seem to forget that these sponsored beasts are all real people, sometimes. Seeing him in a local race was truely something else.

2. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Looking at the team's depth chart for the Tour de France, he's second behind Ivan Basso, the guy who won the Giro last year. He's a strong climber, ex Junior WC in MTB (2008), Junior WC Runner-Up in Cyclocross (2008), and finished 2nd in Junior Paris-Roubaix (2008), and a pretty fair sprinter too (won the points this year for the TOC). His little brother's on the development squad.

BTW...suggestions for figuring out what class you should be racing:

If your name is on your Jersey: Pro
    If you shave your legs AND wear spandex: Expert...I saw a few in MTB shorts, shaved legs, and a lower body fat percentage than a Carl's Jr. Turkey Burrger...you're not fooling anyone into thinking you're slow....move on up.
    If you shave your legs OR wear spandex: Sport
    Everyone else....enjoy the beginner challenge.

I left out Supersport....its for those cats who are in between Expert and Sport...you've thought about shaving your legs, or even tried it to see how it feels, and you think you look good in Spandex, but not at work....but I reveal too much......

3. Giddy

Giddy Member

Heavy Equipment Mechanic
    OTH #2 was a blast!!! And I got my first OTH mug !!!!!!! STR, Fullerton Bikes your guys are the Best can't wait to the next round Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Hey if dino races who will be teh cheerleader? Who will post photos and make everyone smile when they are surfffffffffering? See dino i have your back bro and i see teh value you bring to the events!

they guy that won sport 3 had harry harry legs
    ?? What up with that!?

tour of cali or tour of giro it is all the same but that guy was flat out fast! He sprinted teh big hill in his big ring! Yeah right!

5. salnov

salnov New Member

HiRev...your pictures are awesome. Enjoyed going through all of them and was really pleased when I realized that I was actually in one of your most interesting ones of all...the four riders riding through the trees, up a hill with the sunlight in the background. I'm the guy at the head of the group with the red and white fox jersey. Looking forward to being able to purchase my first picture of me in my first racing series.

6. salnov

salnov New Member

HiRev...once again, I'm really crazy happy about finding myself in one of your coolest pics. The four riders through the wood and up a climb is awesome. It's actually a miracle I'm in that shot. Just below that hill I had a crash making a steep and quick right turn. My head must have bounced three times before I ground to a stop. Wasn't sure if I was getting up. The official at the bottom of the turn was trying to talk with me, but I was getting maybe every third or fourth word. What got me going was other riders coming down the same hill and making the same right turn. I didn't want to get run over or cause another accident.

7. SamKT

SamKT Member

Computer Geek
    Unfortunately, I'm out for at least two weeks. They found what they believe is a small fracture and want to follow up with another set of xrays in two weeks to decide if I need a cast.

Hey, I have my screen name on the back of my STR jersey...

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

Oakley
    P1090227.jpg

Well, like everyone else, I had a great time last night at OTH #2. It was great seeing so many of the STR crew and a BIG thanks to Dino for egging me on up at the top of the ridge. Knowing he was there with cowbell (and camera) in tow, I knew I had to give it all I had :) It was also great to see Brownie, Fred, and some of the others as well.

Mike, dude, it's been waay too long and was awesome to see you again. Be sure to give Ted my best wishes. No offense meant by the RnR jersey, but they are my LBS and are only minutes away from Oakley and they really do take good care of me. Don't worry, I will be sure to come see you at FB the next time I'm in your next of the woods. I think I may have to revert back to my Oakley team jersey next week so as not to offend anyone when I'm hanging around their booth #-o Hahaha!

As Lee mentioned, last week was the first time I've raced anything other than R/C cars. Period. I've been riding for a long, long time, but never thought I had the drive or desire in me to do something like this, but heck, I'm having a GREAT time! I'm not here to win my class, B3 (my finishing results clearly prove this as I'm in the bottom 25%), but rather I'm simply trying to give more each time and do better than the last race. It's a personal challenge for me and I'm still in awe of how some of you are able to keep up your speeds for 2, 3, or 4 laps when I'm suffering to finish 2 laps and am finishing in the bottom 25% of my class. I've got allot of work to do :read:

I for one think that it's totally cool to be racing on the same course, at the same time, as the guys and girls with rocket legs, and I know well to give them room when they come screaming by. That being said, there do seem to be a few d-bags in the chase groups that don't give you ANY warning that they're passing. In fact, I almost went down when some a$$-hat expert rider got me with his bar. No biggie, as I didn't go down, but still, a little courtesy would be nice, especially when the lead group can take the time to say "on your left".

Oh, and Lee, I overheard something last night about a "challenge" to see who'd get out and enter an OTH race first - you or Dino. Challenge on!!

9. ridetillitburns

ridetillitburns Member

Acupuncturist
    broken toe

Ouch broke my damn toe cant be a good thing for the next OTH race...

Attached Files:

10. HighRevPhoto

HighRevPhoto New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I love photography and not out there to get rich, I'm out there because I just love taking photos. Got all my pictures up last night, also I won't be out there next week as I have a big race to cover this weekend in Baja so I'll be busy with that. See you guys in two weeks!

Also yesterday officially made it 6 months since my accident and now I am cleared to ride again!

http://www.highrevphoto.com/photos/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=2239

11. kurtmcfall

kurtmcfall New Member

Pella Windows Rep
    Dewalt Radio

Dino, I have a brand new Dewalt Radio that I won. I was looking to sell it for $130. Let me know.

12. BROWNIE

BROWNIE I'm good at recess!

work
    Congress has much more important issues than to make Dino "BUY" a radio! Dino will not, can not, won't not spend money! If you remember, I offered to pay his entry fee and transport his bike...and nothin,LOL. We all just have to accept the fact that he is the bell keeper, and is there to keep us all motivated to push on through however many laps we have to race.

13. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Thanks Kurt. Truth be told, I have access to TWO of these radios!
    Main issues: 1) finding the time to drive to my friend's house 2) convincing him/them a 6 pack of Natural Ice is just as good as the 6 pack of Stone IPA (they requested as payment) ;)

This week.. Next week.. The following week... (the racers will have music)

14. jcampbell

jcampbell going Gods speed since 75

Believer, Husband and Father.
    Home Page:
    i got a radio for a sixer of natty!

15. dirtsnack

dirtsnack Member

cad/cam and cnc's
    Sagan brother story: I was at the front of the start when the Sagan bros came in from the side and slid into the front of the pack. The guy next to them said " Hey no problem slid in because I'll be eating your dust any way."

When you have roadie guys showing up at a MTB race with their Lycra shoe covers on you know these guys are trying to be as fast as they can go.

That being said we need to get some STR lycra shoe covers made just for our peeps here. Because we all know STR folks want to go as fast as they can too. :lol: :clap: :bang:
    We can all have a good laugh and promote our lil site. George???

Attached Files:

16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

I will start wearing shoes covers when Sidi starts paying me to wear their shoes.

17. dirtsnack

dirtsnack Member

cad/cam and cnc's
    So does that mean you want STR to pay you if this gets done??:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang: :)

18. wraschke

wraschke New Member

Student
    540, surf city cyclery team kit. :)

19. spunout1

spunout1 New Member

Owner, Hall's Engine & Radiator
    Great race and venue!

#232, The TEAM kit (my 14yo son) in the SS race.

20. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Two steps that will increase the liklihood your picture is taken:

1. RSVP / Post your plate number in the comment box!
    No need to say ANYTHING... Simply post your number!
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3199&day=2011-6-7&c=2&redirect=1

2. Stop by the STR tent
    (just once... twenty seconds.. say hello and leave)

*If "WE" (non-professionals) know what you look like, it will increase the liklihood we take your picture (I don't normally take pics of people I do not recognize... too busy ringing the bell). Others feel the same way!