Nintendo Wii roxors my soxors

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by LBmtb, May 10, 2006.

1. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
  2. Skeeter

Skeeter uno, dos, tres bubbs

Cox Communications
    Thats kinda chill:-k . The tennis, golf and baseball games with this thing will be off the hook.

But dont forget PS3:bang: will be out this year in time for the holidays.=P~

3. Neccros

Neccros Technically Canadian

Engineer
    Damn... I was supposed to be at E3 right now... :( grrr... Oh well there is always next year!!

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    For 500 for the low end version and 600 for the full packed version of the PS3? No thanks :) Wii will be about $250 at the most. Plus you can download old school nintendo and sega games :beer:

5. Skeeter

Cox Communications
    Whats the point of playing older games on a new system? Don't you still have the old system's lying around somewhere? Just break out the old Nintendo and fire it up, it's kinda fun sometimes when people are over and you can all play the games everyone knows.
    Whats up the technology in the new Nintendo?(or lack there of) NO HD or Blu-Ray. And the game industry backing Nintendo is so based towards younger kids.

Saying all this i still want one.

6. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

AMMEENNNN BROTTAAA!!!:bang:

7. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Ubi's director:
    Also check out this good article in Time mag about the Wii

Sony will get eaten alive by Nintendo this generation. Yes Sony and MS pumped more technology into their systems but unless you have a HD it doesnt make too much of a difference. The Wii will be a lot more fun for a fraction of the cost. Imagine multiplayer on Wii + beer + friends!

8. Skeeter

Cox Communications
    Don't most people, at least in SoCal, have an HD ready TV?
    I do agree that Nintendo makes the best multi-player, easy to learn, games. Mario Party:clap: for example.
    However, i do not believe Nintendo will beat PS3. There is a much bigger audience out there wanting high-end graphics, intense gameplay, and nerds have nothing else to spend their money on. PS3 owns the 18-30 male demographic, the bread and butter of gameplay.
    Tiger Woods Golf would kick a$$ on the Wii
    I don't think these systems will really compete against each other. At the price point of Wii it will become a "me too" system, that people by for fun, kinda like a board game, with multiple games.

9. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

When I need an old school fix I just load an emulator and play whatever game from whatever system, right on my pc.

For new school thrills, the PS3 will be unbeatable.

10. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Just some more info for the under-informed.

Wired magazine:
    PS3 freezes while playing Sonic the hedghog at E3: video

Nintendo is taking risks and offering a truly innovative approach with the Wii, which promises a new kind of gaming experience and most of all fun. The PS3 and the xbox are merely trying to one up each other in the tech numbers and raw power while loosing a focus on what makes a game good - the gameplay and fun factor!

All the industry experts know this and have praised the Wii while looking upon the $600 PS3. The time article that I linked to (see post #7) is a good read if you're interested. If I had extra money right now I'd sure stick some into Nintendo. The stock's already starting to rise by a good amount . . .

11. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

danngg George!! I didn’t know u was that into the game thing!! Not a bad thing but whoahh!!! Neways video games ROCK!!:bang: What ever u get it's gonna be for fun and really when was a bad thing to do stuff for fun? I still think that Nintendo will cover the kids section and eventually will run out of games like they did w/their last attempts!! seriously, who really thinks that extra screen on the DS actually does anything for game play!! They’re trying to hard!!! And it suckssass!! lol

12. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    I actually haven't bought a video game system since the first playstation a long time ago but the Wii is looking to be loads of fun. Yes Nintendo will have games for all ages but even those will be a lot of fun. First person shooters will be sweet with the new controller. Point and shoot with the remote and it happens onscreen. They're also going to have a gun peripheral which will be sort of like the gun from Dunk Hunt back in the day but a lot more accurate. And although I'm not into portables - the DS is kicking PSP's ass when it comes to sales.

13. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

all true! but really!! PS3 WILL OWN IT ALL!!:lol: HD BLUE RAY!! hmmm PURE OWNNNAGEE!:bang: enough said!! he he..

bwt I've been a semi hardcore FP gammer for a long while now and really that Nintendo screen thing is not calling me!! maybe I'm getting too old fooo thizz shit!!8-[

14. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Bit more info coming out today. Here's an article from Reuters.

15. Leo14

Leo14 New Member

Anyone play on xbox LIVE? If so, send me FR. I play Ghost Recon, BattleField, and Call of Duty.

EDIT: Forgot to include my Gamertag...its KobeDog79