Mob n Mojave is on for 2009

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Downhill Mike, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Director of downhill Whiteface Mnt. Bike Park
    Home Page:
    Copied from Ridemonkey:
    Neko Mulally and Parker Worthington will be making the trip.
    Planning on racing DH and Dual.
    It will be Neko's first race as an official USAC Pro.

Both these guys are from the east coast, a top junior x'er and an up and coming world cup star. I was way stoked to see this. The best in the east against the best in the west in February. If you have not heard of Neko Mulally yet, you will.
    We are extremely stoked and honored that Neko is making his pro debut at the Mob in Mojave. I did see Neko and his younger brother Logan on CBS at the Jeep King of the Mountain in San Luis Obispo.

2. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Shameless bump

Anyone else going to join us?????

RSVP'd Yes: 6
    • 1x1clyde - In!
    • denmother - Denmo and Just_me are all over this!!! Great to have racing at Bootleg return!
    • Dylan Dean - see you guys there!
    • SuperDKim - I am going to give it my best! I will bring out Hubby out as well!!
    • surlygal - we'll be there!!!
    • tribe guy - hell yea, try not to break all my ribs this year.
    RSVP'd Maybe: 1
    • Bryguy17 - not sure yet. I'll try though

3. Geronimo

Geronimo S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. member

I steal bikes
    I think I might try to make this one as well. Chainless DH:bang:

4. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Home Page:
    Latest USAC press release

* Bootleg Canyon, Nev.Downhill Mike with All Mountain Cyclery presents the 4th Annual Mob in Mojave Mountain Bike Race Festival Weekend at Bootleg Canyon, Nevada on Presidents Day Weekend, February 13-15, 2009. The Festival will offer three days of winter mountain bike racing action in the desert featuring three different disciplines of USA Cycling sanctioned gravity racing, live music, race clinics and free on-site camping. The festival will offer spectators and racers Dual Slalom, Super D and Downhill racing action. We will even have professional BBQ supplied by Events Unlimited. Events Unlimited will offer a breakfast and lunch menu, beer, wine and a daily happy hour all 3 days.

* The Mob in Mojave will be the first race of 2009 on the USAC National Gravity Calendar and promises to feature racers from both coasts chasing points for the prestigious National Gravity Calendar Championship. In addition two provincial Canadian teams that are training at Bootleg Canyon and several UCI World Cup stars will compete trying to prove their superiority. The Mob in Mojave will allow racers a chance to get a head start on the National Gravity Calendar Series and see how they stack up for the season not to mention escaping the cold winter weather for those in the East and the Pacific Northwest. Pro Downhill Racers will be vying for a $2000.00 Cash Purse. The first 200 race entrants will receive event T-shirts courtesy of Go Ride.com and the top three in each class will be awarded Custom Medals and prizes.

* Friday will offer inspection of the courses with a reasonable $20.00 fee for racers to use the shuttle for Downhill & Super D training.

* Saturday is when the racing action starts with the Dual Slalom Race in the morning. The Dual Slalom will feature a “Y” course where racers will start in separate tracks, which will merge for some exciting elbow-to-elbow racing. The Super D Race will be held Saturday afternoon. The Super D course will be a challenging 2 + mile event with very little climbing. While all this racing action is going on, three shuttle vehicles will bring racers to the top of the Downhill & Super D courses for a full day of practice. Saturday will wrap up with the Dual Slalom and Super D awards ceremony.

* Sunday will be time for the main event The Mob in Mojave Downhill Race offering a $2000.00 cash purse for pro men and women. The 1.5 mile downhill track will be used by all classes and will feature classic Bootleg Canyon Terrain, the faster you go the harder and more technical it will get. The downhill race will finish at Mob in Mojave Race Village featuring the BBQ, live music, vendors, team pits and the restrooms. Following the success of Downhill Mike’s Whiteface, N.Y. 5K DH race, the last race of the weekend will be the Downhill Chainless Open Race which will offer a fun, light hearted way to close out the festival weekend for only $10.00 extra. This Chainless Downhill race will use the exact same course as the main dh course. The Awards Ceremony and raffles will start after this race Sunday afternoon.The Mob in Mojave is proudly sponsored by the following; All Mountain Cyclery, High Peaks Cyclery SixSixOne, KHS Bicycles, Black Rock Bicycles, Division 26 Clothing, Intense Cycles, E-Thirteen Components, Nema International, Chumba Racing, Gravity Logic, Go-Ride.Com Teko Socks, and Tifosi Optics

* Bootleg Canyon is conveniently located 25 miles from Las Vegas, making for easy connections from anywhere and offers world class by entertainment options nearby as well.

Dual Slalom starts at 10:00 am on Saturday
    Super D starts at 2:00 pm on Saturday
    Downhill starts at 11:00 am on Sunday
    (Open practice will be available on all courses until 1/2 hour prior to the start of each discipline.)​
    The above listed races are permitted and sanctioned by USA CYCLING.
    Categories are as follows for Downhill & Super D:​
    Open pro men & open pro women​
    Category 1, 2 & 3 in age groups 10-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49 & 50 +​
    A 10-14 age group has been added to the Men’s and Women’s category 3 (beginner)​
    Categories are as follows for Dual Slalom ​
    Open pro men & women​
    Open category 1 men & women​
    Open category 2 men & women​
    Open category 3 men & women​
    A $2,000.00 pro cash purse will be awarded as follows for pro racers in the downhill competition.​
    Pro Men’s 1st place $500.00 Pro Women’s 1st place $450.00​
    Pro Men’s 2nd place $300.00 Pro Women’s 2nd place $200.00​
    Pro Men’s 3rd place $200.00 Pro Women’s 3rd place $100.00​
    Pro Men’s 4th place $150.00 & Pro Men’s 5th place $100.00​
    The top 3 places in all amateur categories for the downhill will win custom event medals and prizes from our sponsors.​
    The top 3 places in all categories for Dual Slalom and Super D will also win custom event medals & prizes from our sponsors.​
    Registration can be found on Active.com​
    Pre - registration is open and will close February 12th at 6:00 pm pst​
    To register for Downhill or Super D will be $75.00. ​
    $120.00 for Downhill & Super D​
    All registration fees include Saturday & Sunday shuttles​
    To register for the Dual Slalom the cost will be $50.00​
    On site race registration will be set up at the event starting on Friday 2-13-09 at 8:00 am.​
    Registration for Dual Slalom & Super D closes on Friday 2-13-09 at 4:00 pm​
    Registration for Downhill & Chainless DH closes at 9:30 am on Sunday 2-15-09.​
    Directions: Take us Highway 93/95 and turn at the Taco Bell on Yucca Street. ​
    Look for signs & the big BC on the mountain. It’s that easy.​
    Free onsite camping. For help with lodging and Race n Stay packages please email.​
    Web Site: www.downhillmike.com
    Phone: (518) 524-7136​
    No refunds or rain dates​

5. Division26

Division26 New Member

Owner Division 26 Clothing
    Home Page:
    Division 26 will be there for sure. And for all the guys who complain about Fontucky not being enough of a challenge for you then its time to come test your metal at bootleg!

6. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Home Page:
    I just added this description to our Super D page. Seems like to the right time to add it to this thread.

Please note the upper part of this course is a very challenging trail. If you are not used to exposure, some spots may sketch you out. If you are used to exposure it can still happen on this trail. There are some short ups that you must charge at to make. The tricky part is you have to charge towards some exposure (I didn't want to use the word cliff here) to make it .

1 of the pros practicing the course has recently told me: 3:30 for Skyline and 6 minutes for Girlscout to the finish line for a super fast time of 9:30 (give or take).

7. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

I'm in.....got the room booked today!!!!!!

8. Division26

Division26 New Member

Owner Division 26 Clothing
    Home Page:

Still looking for a room I hate locking in a room in or around Vegas theres always a deal somewhere. Just curious where you booked and at what price?

9. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Home Page:
    If you go to www.downhillmike.com and go to the motels tab, you will find tons of deals. Weekdays the Hacienda is only $19.99 per night and $59.99 on weekends. The Railroad pass is offering our racers $35.99 weeknights and $49.99 weekend. This is a holiday weekend so these are some pretty good rates.

I snapped a few more pictures of the Super D course today. These are just from the service road, but you get a killer view the trail Skyline (start of the Super D)

This 1st picture is too dark but I love how it shows the trail along the cliff:
    [​IMG]

This is the next section of Skyline:
    [​IMG]

This section is immediately next:
    [​IMG]

This weekend the plan is to get some action shots of both the DH & Super D courses.

See ya at the race
    DHM

10. Sparky

Sparky whatever

Electrician
    Downhill race in Bootleg Canyon

There's a downhill race in Bootleg Canyon next weekend:bang:
    here's a link to check it out

http://www.downhillmike.com/

11. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

12. denmother

4 days and counting

So, anyone else coming????;)

13. los 25

los 25 New Member

I'm in. Staying at the Hacienda. Can't wait!:bang:

14. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Home Page:
    For those coming to the event that have not been here before, these easy venue directions may help:

Now that you are in Boulder City it is very easy to find the venue. US 93/95 turns into the main drag in Boulder city. Just look for the Taco Bell (on your left if your coming from Las Vegas) and turn on Yucca Street.
    [​IMG]

* Cross the railroad tracks and turn right on Industrial
    [​IMG]

* Go approx. 1/4 mile and make the left where the sign points to Bootleg Canyon
    [​IMG]

* Now the pavement ends and just stay on the main dirt road till you get to Race Village
    [​IMG]

See ya at the race

15. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
    If anyone is coming out early and wants to do some XC riding, I'll be in the area all week. Rode today and the trails are ultra tacky.

I also might be up for some free photo shoots (you get free photos, I get images for my stock agency). Who knows, you may see yourself in the mags.

[​IMG]

See everyone next weekend.

16. denmother

That would be awesome. We will be there Friday morning through Monday morning and we are bringing the AM bikes for riding and the DH bikes for racing. Let's meet up!!!

17. denmother

Registration complete!!:clap:

18. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Braaaaaap

I work at Giant
    Home Page:
    I'm gonna be there for sure. It's my first time going to Bootleg so hopefully it's nice and gnarly.

19. Adrian

Adrian foesnasty no more....

my room is at the Vegas Hilton.....$$$$$$ but it's V-day and the wife is going with me......

20. Downhill Mike

Downhill Mike Member

Home Page:
    More Dual Slalom pictures courtesy of Evil Elias:

This dude looks ready:
    [​IMG]

I think he's trying to intimidate this guy:
    [​IMG]

And they are off:
    [​IMG]

Yeehaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!