Magicshine 900 Lumens Light?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jubz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ericg1968

ericg1968 New Member

At least I got their e-mail, so I feel a bit more confident they received my paperwork. Hopefully it won't be much longer until I receive the battery.

2. Zulu

Zulu New Member

Dang you guys had to wait but it looks like it all worked out in the end.
    Glad to see someone still stands behind thier products.

3. guero

guero iFroth

4. guero

guero iFroth

anyone?

5. harosocalrider

harosocalrider New Member

Stay as far away fom DX as possible, I know a few guys that have had good luck with them (if you dont mind waiting 4-6 weeks min.) and then i have heard many horror stories as well. I made my first order for a set of brakes over 3 weeks ago then decided to cancel next day and am still waiting for them to refund my paypal.

And even if they had a good record i have ordered 3 lights from geoman and have been very happy with his/there c.s. so would definetly recommend him before dx imo

6. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Bret I've got 3 Magic Shines. LMK, if you go for a ride and try one before you buy one.

7. Evoracer

Evoracer "That Guy"

Mgr
    I've been happy with my MS lamps so far.

8. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

Works great as a backpacking light. You will need to buy an extension cable and head strap mount in order to use as a headlamp. You can mount the battery anywhere with the extension cord; I had mine strapped to my belt. Just be sure to turn it off when you look at someone. Only thing that sucks is that the cord can get annoying around your head. Oh yea, it works great as a bike light ;)

9. guero

guero iFroth

thanks dood, i'd love to borrow one!

10. b3rnard

b3rnard Member

I got the email update from Geoman a few weeks ago, it brought some hope back.

And today the best update came in the mail, replacement batteries arrived.

Thanks Geoman! I understand this has been a very costly (voluntary) recall for you, I sure hope your business stays afloat and recover from this...

Cheers!

11. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

Just thought I would post some feedback, I had a charger go out on my year old light set. Emailed Geoman yesterday, got sent a tracking number for a new charger for free today.

12. b3rnard

b3rnard Member

LED indicator might turn RED sooner than expected even though you have a full charge

For those of you who have gotten the replacement batteries - The LED indicator might turn RED sooner than expected even though you have a fully charged pack.

Here is the official explanation from Geomangear:

"We understand you are seeing some variations in the color indicator. We have referred this issue to our battery manufacturer and they have examined the discharge rates of the Panasonic cells we use and the other cells that Magicshine has used in a number of battery packs. The cells from different manufacturers discharge at different rates and the voltage meter in the lighthead was designed to compliment the chinese cells rather than the Panasonic cells we use. The burntime will be the same as listed however the color indicators will change faster with the Panasonic cells. We have posted color change estimates on our website that you might see with the GeoManGear battery packs.

Our battery pack manufacturer is looking at solutions to this issue however we will only use the Panasonic cells and we don't manufacture the lightheads so it will be a difficult issue to overcome.

We are not seeing any diminished runtime, only lighthead indicator colors are showing change earlier than the original Chinese battery packs as discussed above.

Thanks
    GeoManGear"

13. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

I noticed this and just thought the new ones didn't last as long

14. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Just bought a Magic Shine for my nephew who I recently got into riding. Used it last night for his first "real" night ride (up until last night, it was just used for a couple morning rides). We went up Blackstar to Beek's and back down. Being a new battery and not having been used much, I was a little concerned. I have two higher end lights from another manufacturer which were considerably more expensive and which I had used for a few night rides and several morning rides, so I wasn't too concerned.

But I was really pleased with how his magic shine worked, as was he. And the reason I bought one was because, despite the debacle with the batteries, I respect how GeoMangear handled the situation. I realize it wasn't perfect, but they seemed to have stood by their product and customers. I can't and won't expect them to be as good as my lights, but they are great lights for the price and dealing with GeoMangear has been a very positive experience thus far.

I did note that it was on red near the top of the climb at Beek's, so I was a bit worried it would run out on the descent. But although the indicator was red, it lasted the entire descent and was still going strong when we got to the car. We rode for about 2:25 so it wasn't a complete test to see if the battery would last 3 hours, but the light worked well.

I didn't think I liked the beam pattern when I first tried it out, but last night it seemed to be great.

I hope it lasts reasonably long, but for $89...my expectations aren't very high for durability. I expect I will be pleasantly surprised.

15. bordhead

bordhead Member

magicshine recall, almost 1 year and still waiting

has anyone got the replacement battery? I sent mine in almost 1 year age and im still waiting for a replacement. sure seems like a long time to send out a replacement.

16. TahoeDays

TahoeDays Member

I just got mine two weeks ago.

17. bordhead

bordhead Member

how long did you have to wait?

18. TahoeDays

TahoeDays Member

I filled out all the paperwork in April, so it was a good 5 months. Email them and see where you are on the list.

19. randalnelson

randalnelson Member

sales rep
    I sent mine in in April
    Still Waiting

20. amor587

amor587 New Member

Cube Dweller
    Home Page:
    You should get it, at latest Oct 31. I received this email from Geoman stating that:

"For claims that have been received by June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by October 31st.

For claims that have been received after June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by December 31st."

Hang in there, I am still waiting for mine as well.