Magicshine 900 Lumens Light?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jubz, Jul 18, 2009.

1. vinceman

vinceman New Member

I've been eyeing the $20-$30 lights but decided to increase the budget a bit for the magicshine as I noticed that all my recent rides has been ending with the sun gone.

Bought this light from geomangearr thru ebay. Currently Bing cashback is at 13% and I expect to receive $11.70 back. Overall with cashback, cheaper than dealeXtreme with hopefully lesser hassles like waiting etc.

2. el cap

el cap Active Member

Does the Geo Man give STR discounts for bulk orders (if we all go in together)? :?:

3. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Does ebay have cashback right now?

4. vinceman

vinceman New Member

Yes, right now it is at 13%.:)

5. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    I searched for it, but can't find the cashback link. Got any tips? I also want to get a truxxx lift for my ridgeline.

6. heckatitus

heckatitus Member

7. drewster

drewster New Member

Just not seeing it

I can't find the magicshine light through the Bing discount. I don't see ebay as as Bing 10% cashback; in fact, I don't see ebay as a cashback store at all. I go to Bing.com/shopping and ebay isn't listed (nor is geomangearr).

I do see that an IPOD purchase at ebay might qualify for cashback.

8. fleetparadox

fleetparadox New Member

Can anyone else confirm the runtime on these lights?

I'm really tempted to try a set.

9. heckatitus

heckatitus Member

if you click on the link, it takes you to ebay where it will say your buy it now purchases may qualify for cashback. once you're at the ebay site you can search for whatever you need. i've done it numerous times.

Attached Files:

10. yamahabr6

yamahabr6 New Member

I bought 2 from geoman for my mammoth trip just to make sure I was not left in the dark. The run time on high was about 2:45 witch seamed plenty long. The light was so bright that I only ended up using 1 on my whole trip. I still have 1 brand new in the box that I will let go for $85 (ALREADY SOLD) If any one is intrested. If not ill keep it as a spare. Im located in north san diego.

****SOLD****

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
  11. GeoMan

GeoMan New Member

Our eBay listing expired when we sold out. We'll have more Magicshines in about a week. When we relist on eBay, the Bing Cashback should resume.

Geo

Seems like quite the deal. Glad Microsoft is underwriting the cashback...

"hopefully lesser hassles"? DX is based in Hong Kong and ships from China. It appears they hold orders and aggregate shipping. We've heard that it sometimes takes a month (or more) for delivery... Hmmm.

Geo

12. Takedown

Takedown New Member

I've been on 3 night rides since my last report and still very happy with this light. Tonight took it on the 2nd lap of a loop, lit up the path well, this light wins in my book.

13. ANIMAL

ANIMAL New Member

i slave tables
    so how long will it stay lit on low? 4 hours? dont some lights run for like 17 hours on low?

14. GeoMan

GeoMan New Member

:)

15. GeoMan

GeoMan New Member

It depends, Animal.

Some lights are programmed so they can run at, say, 1% power output extending run times to a month or more (theoretically). My Lupine Betty does this and is user programmable so it can be changed as needed. I run mine with self-programmed power "steps" of 100%, 50%, & 10% power output.

The Magicshine MJ-808 is rated for 4.5 hours on low (50% power, approx.) and 3 hours on high (100% power). It is programmed to do this but it is not self-programmable. You get what you get. With enough user feedback, we can have the manufacturer change the settings on new lights that are produced.

Here's a page I've assembled that helps explain LED's and Li-Ion batteries in general: CLICK HERE

Hope I've helped.

Geo

16. b3rnard

b3rnard Member

Looks like it's "Temporarily Out of Stock" from GeoMan, I placed an order anyway ;).

In the mean-time I'll ride with my ultra-unreliable NR HID :lol:

17. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

this is only handle bar mount, correct?

18. boludo

boludo Member

Money Manager/Finance
    I bought one of these for 24 hr of Moab. The light arrived at my office and she is charged up. She is bright.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

The build on the light looks good. Better than the SIGMA light I used previously. Its smaller than any pics show. The battery is minuscule. There is some stuff in the light, looks like plastic shaving. According to most sites the insides are not clean. I'll see soon enough.

I'll put it up compared to a 130 lumen flashlight and if I can get my old bike lights to work, them too.

19. el cap

el cap Active Member

I'll like to see this light in a comparison test (side by side) with the Dinotte 1200L and the LnM Seca 900 Ultra. I'm just currious to see how it compares with some other top rank lights in lumens and beam pattern. I know it wins hands-down on price. I don't know if I should sell my Dinotte 800L to get two of these lights. I love my Dinotte and the company is top notch on customer support. :?:

20. no worries

no worries Member

I ride Whiting from home in the evenings. When I start is dependent on traffic home, quick household chores, dress, and a bike check. The last two rides had me flying through Live Oak single track in the dark, guided by memory (those roots on the very last dip before Raptor WILL put you upside down in the bushes).

As fall approaches I'm going to need light and these lights look great. I see Geoman is sold out, and even the next order is sold out (great news Geo). I'm gonna get in on the next order when he makes them available. Thank to those in this thread for the heads up.