Luge Trail Conditions

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by kioti, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    I rode it last night and whilst I applauded some of the work - berms etc some of the bush cut backs (and I dont mean to sound ungrateful here) were pretty extreme and took away the enclosed nature of the trail.

2. scoth

scoth New Member

I don't want to sound ungrateful but if you work a little harder there are 100's of fully enclosed natural trails elsewhere.

3. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss human being

Home Page:
    The luge and all of STT is perfect right now. I little muddy section right after the decent before the flag and it's easily avoidable.

I'm sure the growth will be right back to a more "enclosed nature" in 2 weeks.

4. kioti

kioti Active Member

I don't understand the question.
    I'm in total agreement and like closed-in trails, but as Hotchkiss says, it'll be back. If not in two weeks, then next spring for sure. But then I liked it last year when there was so much grass you couldn't even see the trail, and lots of riders were complaining.

I took away what I thought needed to be removed, plus a little extra for the re-growth factor. And I lowered the brush on the inside of blind turns because some of us fly down that trail and need to see ahead so we don't run into a hiker, horseback rider or fellow cyclist.

One thing I'm concerned about is it appears someone is spraying Round-up or something on the lower part of the trail. It's causing large dead areas where the brush could be more filled in. If anyone knows who's doing this, please ask them to stop.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. I take everyone's opinions to heart and try to find the right balance.

5. b.martin

b.martin New Member

I've been riding the luge at least once a week for the past few weeks and have felt the trail getting tighter and tighter as the weeds grew in more and more. As of last week it was still fun but I was definitely hitting my bars in a few spots. I rode it this morning and had a blast. It's not as though the trail looks barren or anything...there are still a lot of plants close to the trail...just not hitting me in the face. Thank you Jim!

6. dburdett

dburdett Member

www.dbMediaGroup.net
    Home Page:
    Rode it today... absolutely great shape! Thanks, Kioti!

7. ebenke

ebenke Member

Project Director, architecture, technical side
    Likewise - Thanks Kioti, Luge was definitely rolling fast today, Fun, Fun, Fun......

8. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Took a trip down The Luge today and I have to say - Kioti's work clearing the brush made the trail even more fun and much safer. Contrary to a post above, it didn't change the "natural" feel in any way. Those of us who like to go fast can do so much more safely for ourselves and others. Those who like to go slow can still enjoy the vegetation and views of the canyon. Bravo Jim!

9. FlynRide

FlynRide New Member

I agree!!! Took a Whiting-Luge lap today and it was nice. The trimming on the Luge is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Kioti!!

10. Torque Wrench

Torque Wrench New Member

Pharmaceutical Product Development
    Thanks Kioti! The Luge is much faster and safer. It's wonderful being able to see where you want to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.