Looking for new saddle...where to begin

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by mtbfan, Oct 20, 2015.

1. mtbfan

mtbfan MTBFAN

So, I have had my Cannondale Roadbike for about 13 years. I bought it when they still had Supergo. It came with a great Fizik Saddle that has never given me any problems. Now, it is starting to wear off on the sides, and it is time to get a new one, but how do you decide? Do I need a women's specific? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I just don't want a seat that will give me problems when riding 60+miles. Are any ladies here that could give me some opinions on what might be a good saddle? I know, everybody probably has a different opinion, but maybe, I will get an idea. I ride about once a week, no less than 50 miles usually. I am 120 lbs and 5'4" if that makes a difference. THANK YOU!

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

My wife's but she really likes Specialized Lady's gel Dolce. It has a cut out. She is heavier than you at 5'3 with some junk in the trunk so needs should be a little different. Got it a few years ago for about $50. She liked it so much she got a second one for her second bike. She did a century, a few 70-80 milers and hundreds of 40-50 milers with no problems. But many riders don't like gel.

She also picked up a Terry Butterfly few months back just to try on the tandem. We've done about 800 miles or so within the last couple of months and she seems to like it. It also has a cut out.