Looking for a mtbike for 5.1" wife

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by israelp, Oct 22, 2015.

1. israelp

israelp New Member

I'm looking something for my wife, she is 5.1" and new to the sport. I'm open to any brand.

2. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

If you are open to building a bike, my 5'2" wife's XS Turner Flux frame (2008 Horst link) has been stored since she got a Turner 5Spot. I could get you into it painlessly. Also have her Rockshox SID World Cup fork used on that bike. It has a remote which we never used. The build came in under 23 lbs with light CF wheels and 1x10. It did a lot to increase my wife's confidence and get her to more advanced riding, but I don't see her building it back up. Hit me on PM if interested.

3. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

You are fortunate...you live in an area where there are quite a few bike shops that carry bikes designed for women and their measurements...visit a few of your local LBS's. Sit on a few. IMHO, the 27.5" wheel size will probably feel better than a full 29'er, and you get some of its benefits over a 26"-wheeled bike. The LBS's in Tustin, Irvine, and Lake Forest will give you a good range and quick education on what's possible and also who she can ride with...there's quite a few women's groups that ride regularly.