Lance: The Official Lance Armstrong Thread

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by osmarandsara, Jul 30, 2008.

1. obie

obie New Member

poolman
    Anymore of this and I think doping should become mandatory for all continental teams. Only then will we know "Who is the Strongest."

2. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Thank God the Government is on this! This is much more important than terrorism, gas prices, education, jobs, etc...

3. babu9000

babu9000 New Member

I totally agree here. This is cycling issue and only a cycling issue. Why are tax dollars being spent with athletes in front of grand juries talking about doping? Who, besides a few cyclists, really gives a shit if Lance cheated? Who cares if Barry Bonds was doping? This is an issue with their respective sports and should be dealt with internally so they can use their own money to investigate not our tax money. And besides look at all the work the Live Strong foundation has done. Should all of that be dragged down in the mire because he cheated in a bike race?

4. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Especially when MLB and the UCI knew what was going on and did nothing about it. Makes me sick! Gas is over $4.00 a gallon, people are out of work, people are losing their homes and this is what they are spending time, money and energy on! All of us that ride still know it was superhuman and something we will not be able to do even if they gave us EPO.

5. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Not directly Lance related but makes you think as you look at the podium of ths ATOC this year: One if the side effects of systematic testostorone use is hair loss....

6. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

I also get quite pissed when I hear Congress wasting their time on ANYTHING related to professional sports.
    Seems these guys would rather tackle the easy issues like grilling athletes than the difficult ones like increasing employment!!!
    My God people it is SPORTS, not anything that really matters.

7. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    and the drugs pouring over the border. How many people have been murdered in a fight over the EPO trade?

8. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page:

The Government is involved because Lance was sponsored by the U.S. Postal Service during this time period in which he claimed not to be doping. If he was, then he committed fraud against the USPS and us as taxpayers.

I'm kind of glad the Government feels a need to investigate fraud that takes my tax dollars.

9. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

In reality, the Team was simply implementing parts of the Government Performance and Results Act

The Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 (GPRA) was passed by Congress to help federal agencies plan more effectively and focus on results, rather than on processes and program activities. GPRA requires each agency to prepare a five-year strategic plan, and to issue annual performance plans and reports.

The Government Performance and Results Act, P.L. 103-62 was enacted to make federal programs more effective and publicly accountable by requiring agencies to institute results-driven improvement efforts, service-quality metrics, and customer satisfaction programs. ...

10. MojoCP

MojoCP New Member

Arguing
    This is a common misconception. The USPS has not used your tax dollars for decades now. Right now, they are a pseudo-corp. They are subject to the rules and regulations that congress wants to place on them, but they are ENTIRELY self-funded, like a normal business, from their fees.

So no: postal workers, their overtime, silly worker's comp cases, etc.etc. dont cost you anything as a tax payer. It may cost you in increased stamp fees.

11. rjcsocal

rjcsocal Member

Who really cares? I don't think there is a logical person out there that doesn't already think that he did in fact dope. Is it a waste of tax $$$? Probably yes, but like Pres. Obama's birth certificate, no one will believe it until there is "proof".

I'm not taking anything away from his story -- beating cancer and returning to one of the most difficult sports in the world -- or his charity, BUT the man is an a$$-clown. Total narcissist. He runs around publicly destroying people that says he doped, he's made so many public statements that sound like a politician emphatically denying it. He now has this attorney putting out statements that sound so blatantly "cover-up". I say, give up and admit it. Look, he was still the best of the best when they were all doping!

12. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    I honestly don't care anymore if they spend my tax dollars (though in this case I'd bet it's more like tax pennies), on this, because even if they didn't, it's not like we'd get that money back. I can think of about eighteen million or so other more important things going on in the world too, but, if they didn't blow it on stupid crap like this, they'd just continue to blow it... on other stupid crap like this. For proof, consider all the equally stupid crap they're NOT blowing it on, and then here they are, blowing it on this stupid crap anyway. ...haha, what was that, the straw man doing the circular logic dance?

I should try bartering instead. Just trade bike frames for everything. Then when I pay my taxes, I'll send the IRS 3/4 of a sawed-up frame. Here's your percentage!

Anyway, I expect Lance will deny til the day he dies. Even if he is guilty, he's in wayyy too deep to admit it now. But, is that thunder over them thar hills, or is it Lemond working up a full head of steam...

13. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    This all just seems like a diversion to me. Keep us occupied with celebrities lives so we don't spend to much time looking at our own. (and our ineffectual government)

14. Gary IFF

Gary IFF Member

Who got cheated? The USPS is getting way more publicity now that they don't even have to pay for. This whole lynching is related to that one regulator (FDA I beleive) that is threatening with all the power of the government to get anyone around Lance to say whatever this investigator wants. There is way too much discretion in an investigation to where one asks "Who is the extortionist here?"

15. obie

obie New Member

poolman
  16. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    ^^

Reminds me of Kenneth Starr (Clinton impeachment).

Maybe they can go after bodybuilders next and keep the Arnold train wreck rolling. i just hope the Livestrong Foundation can survive the witch hunt.

17. Silver

Silver New Member

You know, comparing Armstrong's treatment to a lynching might be a little much. It's not like he looked at a white woman and is getting tortured by local law enforcement before getting hung from a tree while the townspeople pose for postcard photos...

18. cruzin 52s

cruzin 52s Member

They are going after Lance for Peddeling PEDs not his bike.It apears he is involved in an international drug distribution cartel,if true he should be treated the same as any drug dealer.

19. obie

obie New Member

poolman

Really.

Makes me wonder if many people who don't ride & hang out at bike forums, actually give a damn about a bunch of skinny guys in spandex who can't change their own flats and wail on themselves for weeks on end in "Grand Tours'.

20. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

To whom does that appear??? Give me an f***ing break... Unbelievable...