Knee Problem.

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Hoosierdaddy, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Hoosierdaddy

Hoosierdaddy I Drink Therefore I Am.

School Bus Mechanic.
    Thanks again everyone! I have been taking it easy, I rode 27 miles instead of the planned 40 the other day! J/K! I think it is getting better, the swelling is not as bad. I've been icing it down as much as I can. I get my Med Ins. Sept. 1st. It doesn't hurt to walk on it and I have full range of motion. It does tighten up when I get my leg bent back all the way but it doesn't hurt. I hope that is a sign that it's nothing major.

Allison, I hope I can take you up on that offer! Thanks!

Gregg, can't you offer me some Caster Oil or some old time healing Elixer? :-k

2. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Stay off it and keep up the ice.. It sounds like it is helping. This might be wack but have you tried spinning a small gear on a flat surface (with both wheels on the ground)?? Just wondering as that was the therapy suggested by my doc when I first had the knee challenge... Heal up and let's hit it up...

3. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Hang in there....

Dude... Caster oil will clean you out... won't do anything for the knee... well, you'll be lighter afterwards... easier on the knee...but that's all!

I agree with Tighe ... you must take it easy on the knee... I hear the ocean is really warm right now... take up body surfing or swiming and let it heal... you don't want to get a re-occurring knee condition.

You've got plenty of time to ride the rest of your life.

OMR

4. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I had fluid on my elbow(ruptured the senomial(sp?)sack that protects the point of the elbow)...anyway...I went to get it drained b/c if was gross looking and wouldn't go away...the Dr told me to ice, take antiimflamatory and keep it wrapped w/ an ace bandage...the fluid will disipate back into the body...when I asked why not just drain it she said that could cause an infection and should be used as a last resort....