JAX(All locations) - merged threads

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by PHAT TIRE, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    I get a kick how this website is influential and powerful that when problems come up you see Bike shop managers on here scrambling to save their buisness. I used to own my own buisness and I built my customer base so strong that four years after I stopped with the buisness I have older customers still calling me to this day. I am sure everybody has heard this but it takes years to have loyal customers but just one or two consitent F ups and you can loose a customer forever. I hope these bike companys realize that we are their bread and butter and it would be very easy for us to spend our money on internet based bike shops. The reason I shop at the Path or Adrenline is the knowledge they have and great customer service. If it wasn't for that I would not care if the places burned down. This is just my opinion but I think Jax's is realizing that they are loosing out on potential money and they are jonesing over it. Overall I think this stuff of being remorseful about their service is just a act because they undersatnd that the STR community is huge and thats lost revenue. I am all about action maybe have a big sale with a BBQ or a STR discount? Once this happens they will (at least me) show that they are trying to change their customer service to a positive way then they will see their repeat customer's increase. I think the appology made is a positive step to a new start for Jax, but Jax should ralize that they are going to be under the microscope for some time and we should realize that change is not overnight.

2. brownlandshark

brownlandshark New Member

3. Collette

Collette New Member

If You Don't Like Jax, Don't Shop There.

This may be just me, but bitching and complaining about a shop you don't go to anyway, seems like a complete waste of time.

4. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    I have gone their once and it sucked

5. ODB

ODB Team Sting-Ray

Not if you don't want other consumers to get hosed. Isn't this what this site (and the shop-review thread in particular) is largely is about: the sharing of information?

6. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I think there's a little misconception here. People like us (higher end mountain bike riders) are not what make the LBS's money, well some, but for the most part it's the everyday people who ride occasionally or are taking their kids bike in because it doesn't work right. Not to say that we all shouldn't be treated right, it's just we are only a small piece of the puzzle.

There are tons more lower end or enrty level bikes sold then Turners or Ellsworth's.

I've been following this thread and the others like it and for the most part I think the managers have their act together, but they have some employees who may not be making the grade. Brent, thanks a lot for responding to the issues and the feedback, it's really appreciated.

Keep in mind these kids working the floor are not the best paid and don't really have their act together just yet.

7. Jaydilinger

Jaydilinger Guest

I built my frame up with all parts from jax, including my gold deraileur pulleys. "how about you ride your bikes rather than effin them"

8. Jaydilinger

Jaydilinger Guest

Congradulations, I'm proud that you can build faster and better than the owner of 6 Jax stores. 20 years later you are...?

9. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here???

Word of warning though....Do not try attacking people here, this is not MTBR. You're welcome here as long as you play nice.

10. Shannon

Shannon ........

My thoughts exactly. You're not exactly going to make many friends around here attacking people right out of the gate.

11. Jaydilinger

Jaydilinger Guest

I apologize, I just don't appreciate when people 'attack' my favorite bike shop, or any bike shop for that matter. If people are so adament about disliking shops they should buy online. When in a shop you pay more because you need to pay the employees to aid your decisions.

12. Collette

Collette New Member

Jay, they're not "effin" their bikes. They're disclosing their various experiences with Jax, which is what the thread is all about. Your last post sounded like a personal shot, which the site mod will not tolerate.

13. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Oh this is hard to resist...

1. I know how to spell "congratulations."

2. Thank you for being proud of me. My father is too.

3. 20 years later, I am still a hardcore bicycling enthusiast who actually participates in many forms of cycling, as many people on this forum know.

And don't assume that because I don't own six stores that I'm not doing ok. I'm doing very well, thank you. My career affords me many opportunities that I would not have as a business owner. And the opportunities are getting even better. Best of all, I live a stress-free life, and I'm able to ride mostly whenever and where ever I want. In the last 12 months, I've ridden in some of the most spectacular places, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

And again, 20 years later, I enjoy coming to STR to share life experiences with friends as well as have many new experiences while making new friends. Life is very good for me, I can assure you.

But this thread isn't about me. :beer:

And I can assure you that most all of the staff at Jax stores is not competent to aid my cycling decisions.

If you don't like the fact that the general consensus of this forum does not feel favorably toward your favorite shop, then you may not want to take it so personally. That's great that you've found a shop that suits your needs. When you advance in your cycling desires, there are many more shops mentioned on this forum who are capable of helping you out.

14. guero

guero iFroth

jaydilinger,

welcome to STR. i am the marketplace moderator and encourage people to people voice their opinions when it comes to THEIR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES with the shops they are reviewing. while their experience with your favorite shop does not necessarily jive with your experience/take on the shop being reviewed does not mean you need to start attacking the person who has a negative view on that particular shop. im not sure if you have taken the time to read this entire thread, but a couple of JAX managers and/or employees have read this thread and even registered on STR and responded to the concerns posted.

15. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Many here share their experiences, good or bad, with various shops and online retailers. It's a productive process where consumers and shop owners/employees alike can learn and improve.

I don't think you'll find a single person here who doesn't love a good bike shop. It's just that we each have our own ideas of what a "good" shop is. That's why Jax, Adrenaline, Switchback, Path, etc are all successful in their own ways.

16. alank

alank New Member

I agree with Waldo. Jax might not be the best place for the hardcore enthusiast, but I am sure that their business model caters to a certain group - after all they must have some degree of success to keep six stores open.

17. Winger

Winger Member

I think the mods should remove the thumbs down from this thread to keep it more objective.

That was the opinion of the thread creator.

18. guero

guero iFroth

good point winger. i went in a tried to fix this, if you click on the thread within' Marketplace it does not appear, but if you look at it from outside on the main forum page it still is there....might need LBMTB's assistance on this one.

19. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

You know, it goes both ways.

Why not tell everyone why JAXs is your fav shop?

20. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

:cool:

Well said .:clap: Lee Can back what he says most of the people on this site have seen him in action.

High end bikes require a more knowledgeable sales person. Department store type bike shops rarely have
    sales people who know about Hadley hubs hope brakes titanium hardware and boutique pro level DH bikes.
    This is no bash just a fact. The exceptions are the people who work there that are hard core racers and mechanics. I can't name any right now. :?:But it is possible that they might be employed by a department store bike shop. :-k
    I go to all bike shops to look around. Some have potential. The only problem is that they get Muscled into only selling the cookie cuter generic and sometimes more affordable big brands .
    By contract they cant sell other brands in most cases.
    Without them we wouldn't have beginner mountain bikers.

#-o