ISOTUNED Suspension aka drakethomas (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by 92se-r, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Drake, what do you think of Enduro seals?

Will be sending you my fork as soon as I pull together some extra $...

2. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    I am a believer in the oem style sealing, when taken care of I have had very good luck while using them.I used Enduro for awhile, then 2 forks back to back with leaking issues, burn me once , OK, burn me twice were done.LOL.I now only use oem seals, dirt seals and oil seals, otherwise i stock and use my own source for Orings and glide rings.Found a killer supplier and readily available stock.

3. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    Update! Drake is the shiznit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a small leak with one of the sealing washers on the bottom of the fork leg, i didn't want to ship the fork out so he sent the parts, and a syringe full of oil so i could do it!

He also tossed in a rockshox shirt and som b*tchin ODI clamps, which was totally unnesscary but i'm not complaining!! :D

He wanted me to post up a picture of the ODI clamps, which are machined in SoCal! (bolts to!)

I am due for some new grips, and these gave me an excuse to buy some OURY lock-ons!!

[​IMG]

4. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    Im rockin Drakes 619 clamps on my AM and DH bike--theyre better than ODIs!:bang:

5. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Thanks you guys.I still have a few sets of the clamps if anyone needs some, or wants.

6. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    You ever get the black ones in, bro? Do you have another set of gold ones?

7. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

I do have some black ones. 22$ for black and 20$ for alloy polished.

8. Xcdude

Xcdude Member

No work all play.
    I would also like to thank Mr. Drake for his help and excellent service... I had him wrap and ship a bike for me and I thought it was pretty nicely done and at a fair price. But what's even better was that the receipient was also stoked and you have made fans out of both of us. Thanks Drake I know believe the hype.

9. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

:beer:Thanks man, dude that was a nice bike, sad to see it go, but glad someone is riding it.

10. Xcdude

Xcdude Member

No work all play.

yeah it's a bummer but. I'd rather see someone ride it, than not being ridden. Plus I have my chumba VF2 coming. Dude I'm so stoked!!!

11. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    Anyone talk to Drake (of ISO fame) lately?

I know he's busy with the new shop and all but I've been trying to get ahold of him for a week now and phone, email, and pm aren't working... #-o

He mentioned that he was having some issues getting his new voicemail and email up and running the last time we spoke and I'm thinking maybe he got new #s?

Anyway, if you've been able to reach him recently let me know what worked (pm is fine). I need to talk to him and I don't have time to make the long drive down to the new shop!

12. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    eh? i just referred sombody to him... hope it works out okay!!

13. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    his last activity was today at 8:37 AM

Did you use the phone numbers in his sig?

EDIT: did you fill up his answering machine? I just called the shop to see if it was working and the sexy robot lady told me that the message machine was full

14. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    I've been calling his mobile. I'll give the shop # a try and hopefully I'll catch him when he can answer the phone. Maybe that'll work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  15. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    you ever hear back from him?

16. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    not yet.

17. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    Drake & ISOTUNED: Warning to potential customers

Hey everybody I'm posting here to share what has been my incredibly negative experience with Drake Doosenberry and his company Independent Suspension Operations. I know he has many friends and admirers on this board and that if the posts here are to be believed he had treated many of you very well. Unfortunately, I have not been so lucky.

BOTTOM LINE: I paid drake months ago and he hasn't sent me the fork I ordered or returned the fork I sent in for service. In addition he has not responded to multiple voicemails, emails, or pms, for over two weeks. Don't do business with him unless you have a spare and can afford not to have your fork for months on end.

A few preliminary things before I relate my story. Because Drake's reputation affects his livelihood I don't post here lightly or out of spite. First and foremost I am posting here because I hope that it will cause Drake to actually communicate with me. I welcome his comments in this thread and honestly hope that he will attempt to defend his reputation. Second, I am going public with my experience because members of this community deserve to know the risk they are taking by doing business with Drake.

I first contacted Drake at the beginning of February. I wanted him to service my 07 revelation and convert it to 20mm lowers. He agreed. I sent him a $100 deposit on Feb. 8th so that he could start ordering parts and took my fork off my bike and packaged it up for shipping.

After some further investigation, it turned out that this service and conversion would end up nearing the cost of a new fork so he offered to order me a new revelation instead. Because he could get a good deal through Rockshox, I agreed to pursue that option.

What followed was nearly three weeks of me asking him for the price of a new fork and him saying he would be able to tell me soon (he needed some info he wasn't getting from folks at Rock Shox). On Feb. 26th he finally quoted me a price and I immediately sent him the full balance for the fork via paypal.

During this time my current fork had deteriorated further and Drake agreed to service it for me. Because I didn't want to be without a fork for long, the plan was for me to send him my old fork when he got my new one in so they would cross in the mail. On Wednesday, March 3rd he told me the fork should get in that week so I put my fork in the mail that friday because I was too busy to ride that particular weekend anyway.

After about a week during which I couldn't get ahold of him we spoke on the phone and Drake tells me he accidentally ordered and received the wrong fork from Rockshox but he would order the right one and get it to me ASAP. He confirmed this in email on March 12th.

I was headed out of town for 10 days on March 18th. Because he was not able to get me either fork before then I asked him to ship them so that they would arrive on March 28th when I returned. He agreed.

So, I get back from my trip and a few days pass and I don't get my forks. I start calling and emailing and after a couple of days of trying Drake finally answers his phone on thursday March 30th. At this time he tells me that my forks are both in his shop waiting to be shipped but that he won't be able to get to them until monday.

That was the last I heard from Drake and I still don't have my forks. Since then I have sent Drake 6 emails and two PMs on STR. I have also called his cellphone at least 30 times and left around 10 voicemails. I have called his shop phone similar numbers of times including back to back calls where I just make that damn thing ring for about 5 minutes. He has not responded to any of my communications.

I want to stress that during this entire transaction I have been extremely polite and respectful. I understand his business is expanding and he has a lot on his plate. But when all communication ceased my patience ran out.

One week ago I informed Drake (via voicemail, pm, and email) that unless I received a tracking number demonstrating that my forks had shipped by today I would be airing my grievances publicly. I have also informed him that if this doesn't work I will be filing complaints with the better business bureau and taking whatever legal actions are required to enforce my contractual rights.

So, if you are Drake's friend, tell him to call me. Or better yet tell him to just send me my F#*&!@$ forks cause I really have no interest in speaking with him at this point.

Alternatively, if you know of some explanation for his behavior that you think should deter me from taking further action against him (i.e. he has been abducted/arrested/had a stroke or other family emergency) let me know. PM is obviously fine.

18. OB1

OB1 You're a Member

Realtor
    Home Page:
  19. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Attached Files:

20. mntbiker12

mntbiker12 Quest: Singletrack

Marketing Director / Marketing Consultant
    Wow! Unacceptable to say the least. I'd say you've been more than patient and this post is fair and appropriate at this point. Good luck sorting this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.