Is it Amazon or Bikesomewhere i should be pissed at. (Rant)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by NipomoGuy, Mar 19, 2010.

1. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    All i wanted was a new ****ing chain. None of the LBSs had the one i'm looking for in stock, so i checked around online, and the only online shop that had it was bikesomewhere, and seeing as i had never heard of them, i decided to go through amazon to order from them. :-k I didn't have the LBS order one because it was (looked like it was) going to be faster online. Well, i placed my order on the 11th with the standard delivery option (3-5 day delivery). On the invoice page, it said that a confirmation e-mail was sent (never happened! [​IMG]). I checked my amazon account a couple days later for any tracking information, it said that there was none and it might be because of the seller not providing any tracking info (oh c'mon!) all it said was that the expected delivery date was the 17th - 19th. I put that off thinking that they had shipped it. Come the 17th, no big brown truck! Turns out, i was wrong! I finally got an e-mail on the 16th (i don't check my e-mail every day) telling me that it had shipped that day (this pissed me off!!! 5 days after i placed the order, they finally ship it, WTF?! that thing should be at my goddamn door!). [​IMG] [​IMG]

So i checked my amazon account again, now it said that the expected delivery date was 17th - 22nd (i almost threw a tire lever through the moniter, i was ****ing pissed!) [​IMG] They provided a tracking number so i checked it. My package was on time and the scheduled delivery date was 3/22/2010. Angrily, i went back to cleaning my bike. I checked it again today and notice that the scheduled delivery date now says 3/23/10 and that my package was still "on time" (mother****ing son of a ****ing bitch! sombody is gonna get ****ing clobbered!!!)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So no riding this weekend, because i have no chain, because sombody along the line can't seem to pull their head out of their stupid smelly ass.
    [​IMG]

I'm.... sooooo pissed right now, i haven't ridden since sunday, and i've been moody because of it. [​IMG]

Just needed to rant for a bit, thanks for reading.

2. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

For the love of God,:lol: Please tell me you bought 2 chains to avoid this scenario from ever happening again.:)

3. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    I wish

4. onegymrat

onegymrat New Member

Grinder
    Depends from whom it was sent. If Amazon sends direct, they are really good. I've purchased a whole lot of stuff from therm, bike parts and other junk. Most likely Bikesomwhere, or whatever that vendor is called, are slackers.

5. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    Order from Jenson next time?

Or Cambria?

6. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    neither had the chain i was looking for (KMC K810, it's cheap and very strong, and it's the only one that fits my drivetrain properly)

otherwise, hell yeah they would get an order from me

On a happy note, i called my bud at the LBS and told him the story, he said that he would order a couple of them and reserve them just for me :D i love my LBS

7. davidB

davidB Active Member

Had the same issue this last week ordering through a shop via amazon. ETA was supposed to be the 3rd! For a day or two it said that, then yesterday I got a shipping notification email and number, then just a few hours ago it was delivered. Happy about that, so just look out for a shipping confirmation. I left the state just hours before it showed up though lol

8. sxc70

sxc70 2bz4wrk

bike rider
    I'm not bashing the LBS but this is the reason why i shop at jensens,walked right in and picked up 2 chains with a price match...

9. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    i'm almost thinking about getting one of those cheapie bell chains from wally world just so i can ride!

10. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

maybe you should get a new drivetrain that will work with one of the 50 or so other chains out there.

Isn't Cambria up the road from you??? They didn't have anything???

11. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    They didn't have anything but a halflink, a few road chains and a bunch of sram 9 speed chains

I just replaced my drivetrain with steel. A chain any wider will hit my bash (i need to space it out a hair so i can run the K710, which they all carry)

besides, the K810 looks bitchin!
    [​IMG]

12. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    None of the BMX/fixie shops had it in stock?

13. NipomoGuy

flying my mental jet
    nope :?: they had the K710 and the K710SL, but not the K810

and i absolutly refuse to go to Ira's