Interest in 456 Summer Seasons?

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by FoShizzle, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    Some of you I know are but trying to see who else might be interested as I can now get this frame. I have 2 en route; one is a 16" and the other an 18". Might get one myself if i can figure out where ot hide the bike from the wife

From website:

The Summer Season was designed in Mooch Cafe in Hebden Bridge, after a ride with TimK, Benji (from Singletrack) and Ed (the digeridoo player). It came about after I’d had a couple of hours of following them round various technical trails on my rigid 29er, and TimK had fallen off at the top of some trail as his forked had dived - and also Ben hammering around on 160mm travel Magura forks which amused me with their amount of brake dive and stuff in lowspeed hoppity/hop stuff. Bear with me, it'll make sense in a minute.

Benji’s got an Evil DOC which he runs 100mm through-axles on, and really likes. We discussed the fact that people seemed to be running longer forks for two reasons:-

1) They wanted their handlebars higher.
    2) They wanted a slack head angle.

Now - as far as problem solving goes - 1) can be achieved with a higher stem. 2) seems a valid enough reason to run a longer fork, though of course, if you could achieve it with a shorter fork, and still have “enough” travel, that’d be good - the shorter fork would be a little stiffer, less mushy, more direct, more stanction/slider overlap… all good stuff. 160mm forks on a hardtail? Well, it’s doable, but with that changing your effective head angle under hard braking by as much as 4degs, it might not be a good thing…

And so, the Summer Season frame came along. And from the sums I’ve done, with a 5in fork, it seems to sit at (and I’m really not making this up) 66.6degs. Which is also, spookily, the average maximum temperature in Hebden Bridge, in August.

Other details
    We made it in plain gauge chromoly as it’s tougher in all sorts of ways - ie: dent resistance outside the pub, and impact strength too.
    It’s finished with a clear coated, matt finish, so you can see the tubes and the welds. This WILL rust (from previous experience with our on-one Gimp frame), but it looks great, and means that you can simply ignore any paintwork damage and get on with riding it.
    It’s disc only. You won’t want to run V’s on this frame.
    It still has rack mounts (as I forgot to take them off).
    Cable guides are under the top tube.
    Normal vertical rear dropout.

Frame size (Centre-top)14”16”18”20”
    Effective top-tube length21.5”23.0”23.5”23.9”
    Head Angle with 5in fork66.6 deg
    Seat Angle73deg
    BB Height12.5”12.5”12.5”12.5”
    Standover26”28.2”29.4”30.5”
    Chainstay Length16.75in16.75in16.75in16.75in

Attached Files:

2. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

sent you a pm back,
    thinking 1x9 setup
    x-fusion velvet set at 130mm
    outlaws or something similar

3. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

if you get any 20"ers, lemme know. I may be interested depending on price/timing. I wonder how well this frame would play with a 160mm fork :-k

4. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    I may also be interested in a 20".
    I've been on the On-One site, and getting it straight from them, shipped to the US, is just under $280.
    I almost hit the "pay" button, but decided to wait.
    How much are you getting for them?

5. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    you are of course correct in your price ordering from On One direct. I can save you on the shipping which is 40 British Pounds as you know (~$60 US) if i can get one more frame to sell so i can justify it (I too have to pay $60 shipping)

6. maxwell

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    How soon would you need to know? I'd like to get one, but I'll need to sell something else, before I can get you the money. I'm guessing you need $250. That's a great price for a frame such as this!
    Any idea what the weight is? Maybe 6 lbs?

7. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    on the weight, i did order a 20" last week and it should be here next week and will be happy to weight it. I may order another 20" anyway once i ship some of the ones I ordered off (since i have to store them in my office at work and not home, otherwise wife will cut my nuts off :) thus, i dont have room to store/order right this second...but may anyway).

seems i just love to order bike crap so to be honest i just order stuff for the sake of ordering as opposed to doing what i should be doing which is getting the order first and THEN pay...lol.

here is what i have en route right now, with some of it already spoken for....

16" 2008 (black painted) scandal
    16" 2009 inbred
    18" 2009 inbred
    21" 2009 inbred
    29er carbon fork
    mary bars
    3 full 2009 XTR groups
    16" 2009 456 summer season
    18" 2009 456 summer season
    20" 2009 456 summer season

HOW THE HELL i am gonna store that all at work is beyond me! like i said, some of its spoken for (have to check records to identify which) but i can always order more and plan to this week, as soon as tomorrow actually or perhaps Monday

8. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

hey Fo, are you going to be building up that 20" yourself? or is it going to someone else? I'd like to do a test ride on it at some point if possible. slack HT sounds awesome, but iunno until I ride it.

9. maxwell

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Man, that sounds good!
    One of The Path guys might be interested in the 16" Summer Season if it's not spoken for, and if you order another 20" I'll take it, if you're cool with getting payment in a week or so.

10. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Do you have a 26er 18" Inbred coming with slotted dropouts?

11. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    unfortunately, geolover from mtbr ordered it from me so once i get frame from On One i ship it off :( with all this interest i may build one up but its the same problem as storing stuff i buy to sell...where can i put it? wife is seriously going to kill me if she checks credit card bills...i just cant help myself; if i aint ordering for me i am ordering just to dabble in selling (virtually non profit) cuz its so damn fun compared to my day job!

i will order another 20" or perhaps 2 if i can...one i ordered sold after i ordered it to an mtbr peep

actually yes, somebody couldnt decide if they needed a 16" or 18" so i just ordered both while they were deciding...they decided per Brants suggestion to get the 16" so as soon as shipment arrives there is indeed an 18". i will also order more once i make room in my office but for now its got no name on it.

and by the way, these are the new 2009 Inbreds with the more robust gussett otherwise, same killer geo etc

email me at [email protected] with any questions since PMs are harder to sift through

12. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    currently, an STR peep appears to indeed want the 16" but i am placing another order. please tell the Path peep(s) they can email me at [email protected] if they want me to order them some. if i order a few they will be quite cheap since shipping gets absorbed across multiple orders and i am happy to help the Path out if they dont have a connection already.

cheers

$240 is fine so long as i order at least 2 frames in order since shipping then is not as dramatic on a per frame basis...i generally do order more than 1

lee, see email i just sent you...

13. maxwell

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Sounds good. I just sent off an e-mail to The Path guy, and one to you.
    Thanks for the info, and help!:clap:

14. maxwell

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Erik, after checking out the One One sizing page looks like I may need the 18" instead of the 20".
    http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=940
    The TT length on the 20" is almost an inch longer than my 20" HOSS frame.

15. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    just responded...in my humble opinion the 18" sounds the ticket, especially given intent of frame and it should be noted that at least a little bit, across most on one frames, they run a bit "longer" than comparable seattube frames from other companies so 18 probably good call.

as for the 18", i think that is the last of 2 parts i have coming that currently dont have a name on them...so if you would like i can hold the 18" summer for you...just shoot an email to confirm

cheers

16. maxwell

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    E-mail sent. Go ahead and put my name on that 18" Summer! :clap:

17. Rockinthecasbah

we need to put together a summer season ride after we get them built up

18. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

but only during summer...

I want one too, but other things need my money right now

19. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    after all this interest and chatting with Brant today I really want one too now! can i store my bike at somebody's house please? I have no room at home to where the wife wont notice and i already have a bike in my office at work, but damnit, i want one!

ok :) though send me your address so i can send it right when i get it as i have told other folks with frames coming their way...i need to clear them out so i can order more! just pay when you can...i know you are good for it

20. Rockinthecasbah

i built a hanging rack, its hard to tell how many bikes are up there :?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.