Incycle (all locations/threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by TooManyTacos, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jruiz

jruiz Member

Most of the work on my bikes I do myself. Anything I can't handle I bring to Incycle

2. Drop D

Drop D New Member

Un-Employed
    Thanks to Richard (I think that was his name, I'm really bad with names, Sorry) #-o
    He sold me a Thule T2 rack and the big guy that helped me stuff it inside my 2 door Mustang Last year... I still need to go back there and buy the extension!

3. how much did you get the t2 for at incycle?

4. Drop D

Drop D New Member

Un-Employed
    They price matched and gave me a better deal :beer: enough to buy me a medium size of this
    [​IMG]

5. El Immigrante

El Immigrante STR's resident Coyote.

Coyote...need to get your relative across the bord
    Tijuana- Land of pimps, drug dealers, hot women, m
    I purchased my bike online and the delivery/pick experience up at the Pasadena store sucked.

They didn't give me an owner's manual, didn't ask me if I had any questions, said they were too busy to go over the bike with me knowing I'm a complete n00b but they did try to sell me on a ton of accessories. It was extremely disappointing!

I went to Montrose Cycles and they're CS is just amazing! Same excellent CS at The Path...I told them about my buying experience and they both said they would gladly spend time with me to go over my bike and teach me a few things despite them not being Cannondale dealers. When I buy my next bike a few months from now (full suspension), I'll definitely be talking to these guys!

6. El Rey

El Rey New Member

bookbinder
    so I'm looking to buy a 2010 stumpjumper fsr expert. I live in San Berdo. went into redlands cyclery and spent a half hour looking around before someone came to talk to me. then they tried to sell me a 2009 which was on their floor I was told only change was the color (not). I then went to incycle in ranch cucamonga a very nice young man took care of me answerd all my questions but they didn't have the bike on their floor but said he could get it right away.
    I then went to the corona store and they had no time to help me out was there 10 minutes and no one came to help me. too busy laughing in the back . they didn't have the bike on there floor either.
    Are the bike shops doing so well they don't need to sell a 3300.00 bike I will be in HB this weekend and may drop in and see if they have one to look at.
    2011 bikes are comming out soon maybe I'll wait and see if they might be interseted in selling a 2010 at a discount

7. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Seems like it might be worth giving the young man who took the time to answer your questions a chance to check the other locations to see if they have one in stock.:?: Glad to hear your visit at the new store was at least a pleasant one!

8. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

Another shout out to Incycle San Dimas. We bought our daughter's 16" Specialized Hot Rock there two years ago and it's time to upgrade to the 20" so we went in yesterday for her to take a test ride, then I went back today to pick it up. Staff there is always friendly and helpful, and they spend a lot of time with you to make sure you are satisfied. I also like shopping there since they have a ton of inventory to choose from. Thanks again Incycle!

9. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Is it just me or is the fact that it is jam packed a good thing? I like the fact that they have so much stuff. But my question is in response to the thread starter and him forgetting his helmet. So my question is if this were you would you have done the ride without the helmet or would you have went to the local store to buy one. I showed up to a ride twice without my shoes and had no way of continuing on, but had it been my helmet I would have gone without question.

What would you do?

10. lesper4

lesper4 Member

Project Manager
    Anyone know when their next big sale is going to be?

11. tim0s002

tim0s002 New Member

ive purchased 2 bikes and other various items from incycle, from the san dimas and pasadena stores. i think their service is hit or miss. there are times when the sales guy looked annoyed by the questions i had (what sizes, color, etc i was ready to buy something) which i politely thanked him for his time and waked out the door. There other times where the sales guy went out of his way to find what im looking for (calling their other stores for stock), in which case i made my purchases. their mech service guys are pretty good and professional. the last time i was there in january i think, i felt pretty ignored, so i left and havent been back till just recently. My recent visit has been pleasant, i would like to say that Sergio in the pasadena store has been real helpful, thanks.

Incycle, keep the customer service consistent, its the only edge retail stores have over online stores these days.

12. digitaldouble

digitaldouble Member

Architect
    Kudos to Incycle Pasadena - examplary Customer service.

My 2-month 2011 Flash Carbon 29er suffered since day one from the dreaded chain-suck.
    Mainly, according to many at the fault of the FSA 388-SLK crank/chain rings.
    It happened again today just as I was finishing the "Knobby Times" pre-ride with Omar and the gang in Glendora.
    The Crank just froze, as the chain got folded under the FD and I just couldn't release it.

Since it's not the first time, I decided to drop by Incycle Pasadena, where I bought the bike.
    Although very busy, They took it in immediately and started to troubleshoot the issue.
    To cut a long story short, after almost 2 hours of adjusting and replacing parts, Jeremiah the manger came out with a "new version" of the bike.
    They replaced the FSA crank with a new S2010 crank (same as the SRAM S0), changes the front derailleur from X9 to XX and upgraded the chain from KMC X10l to SRAM 1091.
    All as a warranty repair and at no charge to me.

I was concerened that they will give me the go around, by sending the chain rings to FSA , and wait for new machined rings to arrived, then install it, just to probably see that the issue is still there.
    A major PITA, plus long down time, plus no Knobby Times...

But, no !
    I got the best service I could have wished for.

And for this I am VERY grateful to Incycle Pasadena, Jeremiah and the other guy that worked on my bike - probably the owner (sorry, I didn't catch his name)