i.e. Bikes, Murrieta

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by allison, Aug 7, 2007.

1. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    This is our local shop, and where we've bought most of our bikes. We initially bought our 05 Specialized bikes at the shop, Justin bought the majority of his Niner there, and we got out road bikes from i.e. as well.

Good shop. It's family owned / operated. If you need information or something done, it's best to talk to Matt, and usually Robert as well.

They've got a good selection of helmets, shoes, sunglasses, complete bikes from Specialized, Raleigh, Felt, and do a ton of Ellsworth bikes (Matt used to be sponsored by Ellsworth).

Cool people; they're always willing to hang out and chat about bikes, but usually do that in front with customers instead of in the back ;)

2. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    I used to live in that area and they seemed like a great shop. "Mom" was great and always a pleasure to talk to. I ended up buying some shorts, jerseys and gloves from them.

3. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I met them at a race. 24 hrs @ Hurkey. Cool people, but I've never been to their shop, but a lot of people I ride with have and they can't say enough good things about them. My bud told me he could get me a good deal on a Specialized Roubaix from them.

4. alank

alank New Member

agreed...although I don't know him well, I hear Matt is a great guy...

5. ShugaMama

ShugaMama New Member

Hey, guys,
    Where is this located? Patrick's parents live down there, and we haven't checked out any of the LBS' in that area.
    Thanks,
    Maria

6. PacMan

PacMan New Member

I needed a rear derailluer hanger for my son's KHS and they are a KHS dealer, so I stopped by. They couldn't find the right one and literally got every shop employee to stop what they were doing (no other customers currently in the store) and look in all the various spare parts boxes, new parts boxes, etc.

We ended up finding 2 of them. One to use and a spare. I was very impressed with how nice and helpful they all were.

7. Blue Rat

Blue Rat F.O.G.R.

Military Analyst
    I've always had a great experience dealing with I.E. Bikes. I've purchased two bikes and a bunch of other stuff ... plus they "take care" of the military guys so they are very competitive price-wise.

8. schleppp

schleppp Active Member

I shopped there for many years and spent a ton of money and really was loyal to Matt. However, they have on two occasions lost some parts that I had them replace. The first time it was no big deal just some things I was going to put on my wife's bike. Later, I had them replace my XTR shifters and rear derallieur, which were still in good condition, with X.O gear and when I went to p/u the bike they could not find my old parts. And never did. And the thing is I did not even get a sorry, much less any compensation. So after that I have yet to return.

9. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

after checking out several bikes store, i bought my stumpy from them and accessories. they took good care of me. as a first time buyer, i didn't asked much about bikes but they let me know how to choose he right bike for me, gave me a well educated decision.

Thanks IE Bikes.

10. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

Went on their thursday night ride; Matt lead the ride nice friendly guy. Saturday I was out ridding my bike and devloped shiffting problems. I took it over to IE bikes Matt took it right in and had a mechanic replace a shift cable while I waited. Needless to say I was very happy. Thanks guys at IE Bikes. I'll be back.

11. singleminded

singleminded I poached, and got busted

Something I don't like
    Hey

How are you home already....your suposed to be doing laps #-o

Good ride today

12. singleminded

singleminded I poached, and got busted

Something I don't like
    Damn.....

Skillz.....I have not #-o

On a different note........you can bring it next weekend......you got it in you :bang:

13. Blue Rat

Blue Rat F.O.G.R.

Military Analyst
    When we left the shop this Thursday Matt wheelied the entire length of the parking lot on his new 1x9.

14. Taco Jack

Taco Jack New Member

Next time we'll do it too. :lol:

15. Blue Rat

Blue Rat F.O.G.R.

Military Analyst
    With these stitches that I keep tearing, the only thing that I'll do to the end of the parking lot is be winded. :lol:

16. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

I've been to IE Bikes several times because I sometimes ride Santa Rosa Plateau which is only about 10 minutes away. During one of my rides, I could tell my rear derailleur was going to need some work. On the way home I stopped by IE bikes and they were willing to make the adjustment on the spot. When the mechanic came back he had decided that the stem, the fork's air pressure and the rear v-brake needed some adjusting as well. When he brought it back to me, the shop's owner made some complimentary comments about my Homegrown frame and some derisive comments about my SID fork.#-o

Of course you hate to hear anything bad but I appreciated his input. I thought my front shock was great up until that point, since then I've started to research more current forks and I'm realizing that I do need to upgrade that component.

They charged me something ludicrously low for all the adjustments, like $9 or something like that. The shop has become one of my 2 favorite shops to go to for maintenance or window shopping. I highly recommend IE bikes for anybody who lives in the IE.

17. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Just wanted to say thanks to i.e. bikes. Several years ago I raced a Super D race at Vail Lake put on by Robert Herber. Myself and a few of my friends got gift certificates for being on the podium. I ended up with mine and 2 others and lost track of them for a few years. I pulled them out and went to the store last night and they still honored them. I was happy and got $50 bucks worth of bike stuff!!! :clap: