Human Pinball

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Special K, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Special K

Special K Drink Beer, Ride Bikes...

Human pinball - as WoodyW put it. I got hit by a car while on a road ride in Redlands two months ago. So far it's been a long drawn out process. Most injuries have healed except my shoulder. The scar on my thigh is going to end my underwear modeling career 8-[. I finally have an MRI scheduled for my shoulder - which the orthopedic surgeon seems sure that it's a torn labrum. The doc told me not to ride, so I'm not. He says I can run though, so I'm giving that a shot. I've never had an MRI before but they said to not eat or drink for 4hrs prior - not sure why. Also, they have to inject dye into the joint, which sounds.....interesting. If it is a torn labrum and surgery is an option, I'll take it, but the recovery time is supposedly 3-6mos.

2. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

Dang, man, you're lucky to be alive. The alternative makes any recovery protocol seem trivial. Easy for me to say...

Best at wishes for full healing in the shortest time. Thanks for reminding us that it's better in the dirt.

3. bing!

bing! Active Member

Hope your getting the best of care, and may you have a speed recovery.

4. expy98

expy98 New Member

sorry to hear that...

if PT is a choice/possibility, you might want to give PT a try before surgery. I've had a partially torn labrum and rotator for decades
    (if I woke up w/ my right arm above my head, I'd have to use my left arm to lower it while screaming in pain), finally decided to
    take care of it. MRI confirmed the tears and the surgeon (ex-Olympic ski/snowboarding team surgeon) suggested cortisone/PT
    or knife, I chose cortisone/PT. After pulling on the weakest stretch band to build up the right shoulder for a few months, it finally
    got equally as strong as the left and I've been painfree for the last 5+ years unless I do something really stupid then I will get an
    icepick stab sensation but it'll go away. Never needed a second shot.

Obviously every injury is different. Hope all goes well...

5. Bplus

Bplus New Member

Yikes! What part of Redlands were you riding in? I've been riding san timoteo/ sunset area alot recently and it can be darn scary out there. Hope you heal up stat.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

6. Special K

Special K Drink Beer, Ride Bikes...

It was on the south side of town - center street. I was on my way to the start of the Tues night Sunset ride. MRI this week then I don't see the ortho for another almost 3 weeks for the follow up. Nobody seems eager to get things resolved except me.
    Thanks for the good vibes!