Hi, I'm new here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Admin, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Admin

Admin New Member

Hi, my name is George and I live in Long Beach. I have a Yeti 575, blah blah blah.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  2. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    My name is Glenn. I ride a 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR that is my first "real" mountain bike. Prior to this, I was riding a circa 1992 Trek 830 Mountain Track. It was just above a hybrid bike with a Cro-moly frame, and fully rigid. So, I figure I earned the right to my FS. :) I took a few years off from riding but I'm trying to get back into it.

I have a wife, four kids (ages 15, 12, 2.5, and 3 mos) and a cat. The cat's not really mine but since I buy the cat food, I'm claiming it. I'm 34 years old, not young and not old yet. I went to U.S.C. and am a die-hard Trojan Football fan. I teach high school; my classes are Freshman honors English, Intro to Drama and Advanced Drama. I am also the Drama Director so I am in charge of the school productions. I listen to lots of music, but metal is my favorite.

I like riding XC, mostly. I don't do hucks, not hardly at all. I don't think I even huck 6". One of these days, I'm going to start on the Fontana side of San Sevaine and ride all the way over to Lytle Creek. I like riding at Marshall Canyon since Armando took me there and am looking forward to one day making it to Potato Mountain, as well.

3. Admin

Admin New Member

Hi Glenn, good to have you here. You're into metal and have a cat? You and Matt (vondur) have some stuff in common.

Maybe you could force your English students to write some mountain bike articles so we can post them on here? lol, jk

p.s. not a big deal but you could have made a new thread. :)

4. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Oh, sorry, but on another forum I visit they have a newbie thread and everybody posts in the same one. I can copy and paste a new one. It doesn't bother me.

Does Matt hate his cat, too? I like cats, but this one bugs me. I used to have a cat named Bandit that I loved when I was a kid. He got eaten by coyotes or something. Why can't that happen to this one? :)

I don't know about mountain biking articles. But, I've got a bunch of essays about Lord of the Flies you can have.

5. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

Welcome and lets ride soon!!

6. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I've done the San Sevaine ride. It's not possible at this time and by what the rangers say won't be for a few more years,unless they get a major influx of cash from the U.S. government. We did it before the big rains of last year and we had a real hard go of it. It took us over 12 hours of HARD riding to do it, mostly because of all the trail collapses, and boulder fields we had to climb through. Now if you just want to climb the singletrack to the top and then take the fireroad down, that's possible, but that's also backwards as it's tons more fun coming down the singletrack and climbing the fireroad. If you want I can show you the route. I live right by the trailhead in Fontana. PM me if you'd like.