Guns!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Schecky, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    So somebody video'ed So. Central on a Friday night??? What's the big deal?

That was awesome.

3. RIDE 2 LIVE

RIDE 2 LIVE fritz the dog

SELF EMPLOYED
  4. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

I second that one bub!! Them doods are real hardcore killing that cat!! big man w/guns!! :clap: hmmmm freaking loosers:mad:

5. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

software development
    I did not like watching the lion hunt at all. :protest: I just don't get that kinda of stuff! :?:

6. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

High five??? for what being a total jack@$$. That is one lucky mf. Wish that guy got his head taken off. Grew up going to the rifle range with my pop but will never undertand the desire to kill an animal (nor that b/s with the machine guns).

btw - have been atop blackstar heading towards sierra peak and have come across a few "cowboys" shooting at anything that moved. Be advised

7. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    I think it'd be fun if somebody else was buying the ammo. Those folks probably think the same about us too you know. "I just don't get that b/s of spending 5G's on a bike.

My favorite FFL was a neighbor of mine in Eugene, OR. The guy had a ton of full auto guns. HK MP5SD, Colt AR-15 with supressor. Several handguns with supressors (not full auto, but still kind of cool). I never did get around to going out with him. You don't get too many chances to shoot an HK MP5SD. I wish I would have taken the time. You'd think a guy like that was a total redneck, with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth. He was a couple years older than me, and was a pharmacist.

I'm going to the rifle range in Redlands tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. My dad bought me a used .22-250 Ruger for my 13th birthday. I shot the hell out of it, and decided four years and 12 weeks ago it could use a new barrel. 4 years ago this week, the rifle finally came back from Pac-Nor Barreling. I had them put on a Super-Match grade stainless steel barrel chambered in .22-250. 24", #5 Sporter contour, 1 in 12" twist, 3-groove rifling. It should shoot 55 grain bullets real nice. High dollars though. I had them bead blast the action and reblue. The dull bluing looks nice against the bead blasted stainless barrel. Anyway, two months later, I moved to SoCal. I'm finally going to break in the barrel tomorrow. Can't wait. It should easily print one hole groups at 100 yards if I do my part. Oh yes, I'm versatile, and pretty damn handy with a varmint rifle.

8. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I've got the same rifle. I've had it over 30 years and it's still like brand new. True I don't shoot much anymore (eyesight ain't what it used to be), but I'd still like to give it a try again. Do you ever shhot over this way at Lytle Creek?

9. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    I haven't shot a centerfire rifle since moving to SoCal in 8/02. That's the one off of Sierra, right? I called them yesterday, but got their cell's voicemail. How many yard range is it? I guess Redlands only goes to 200.

Oh, my rifle left Ruger's facility in 1976, but it's not the liberty "made in 200th year" edition. It must have been made in 1975 and finally left in 1976. I have a 10-22 that left their facility in 3/69. It's so hold it doesn't have the prefix on the serial number.

10. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Varing ranges. Probably some of the longest, but primitive in that you have to walk out and place your targets. Still very well run and safe. Yep, off Sierra.

11. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    Redlands has covered benches, and they have a cease fire every ?? number of minutes. They charge 50 cents for the targets though. For $15 per shooter, they better at least provide sandbags. I don't know what to expect at ranges down here. At the range I went to in Springfield, OR, it was $5 per gun, and employees of the range would go out and staple new targets up during every cease fire. At which time, you were able to also go out and remove targets for archiving with different load data.

For the kind of money these outfits charge, I'm not sure how much range time I want to spend. I'm only going today so I have a place to break in the barrel and re-zero the scope.

12. Ponch

Ponch Shake and Bake!

Criminal Investigator
    I have shot there several times, they give law enforcement a discount!:clap: Not a bad spot, I don't own several weapons so I usually just shoot my primary and my back-up weapon.

13. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    My dad and uncle are avid shooters. My dad trips out on me spending $2K on my Stumpjumper but he's got no problem dropping a quarter of that on yet another handgun. Not that I'm anti-gun. I own a couple firearms myself I just don't care to go shooting all that much. I go from time to time to stay current with my skills, but otherwise I'd rather spend my time doing something else. My dad and uncle get together and load their own, even sometimes casting the bullets themselves. Hardcore. They go shooting out in the high desert, somewhere out near Daggett as my uncle lives in Newberry Springs (sorta near Barstow). They have a little 200yd range that they have improved on their own. No range fees at all. :)

14. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    I grew up on a 120 acre ranch about 7 miles east of Grenada, CA. Grenada is around 10 miles miles south of Yreka, and about the same north of Weed. 14 years ago (19 yrs old), before I bought my first MTB, I was way into shooting, and used to handload for my .22-250. I had target boards set up at 100, 200, 300, and 400 yards. I was able to load 5 rounds and walk less than 15 yards to test them out. It was sweet having that kind of land to play on growing up. Both me, and my friend a couple miles down the road took a dozer and built motorcycle tracks on our parents' ranches. Once I moved on to the ultimate hobby on earth, I was within 30 minutes of mountain bike riding in the hills above Yreka. We were within 50 minutes of real good riding in Ashland, OR. Now I live in Corona?

Attached Files:

15. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Man, it's a wonder you didn't shoot your eye out! :)

16. royta

royta New Member

Electrician
    I did. I have two glass eyes. I look like Marty Feldman.