Gravity Endurance Racing Series #1 Black Mountain

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by robertherber, Feb 7, 2013.

1. robertherber

robertherber New Member

racing bikes
    <font style="font-size: 16px;">[video=vimeo;57580529]http://vimeo.com/57580529[/video]
    Here is the race that every one has been asking for and is located in the heart of beautiful San Diego. The Super D Enduro will be held at Black Mountain Open Space park. So gather up your friends and join us for a fun day riding great trails!

The Enduro will consist of 4 different stages that are timed and transfer stages that are not timed. You will need to get to the start area of each stage in time for your start or you will assume a time penalty for being late.

Please note*** After considerable feedback and suggestions from the Beginner riders PCA has decided to remove the 3rd stage resulting in the elimination of the long sustained climb transfer stage with the goal of providing a better experience for riders of all levels.

This will be a fun event for all ability levels to enjoy! We will be awarding the top 5 in each class with cool unique awards

Why race with Progressive Cycle association?

• Fun for the whole family with kids races and bounce house
    • Post race snacks, including water, cookies, and fresh fruit

We will be hosting FREE post race snacks including water and fresh fruit and snacks at the Sundevil Way Staging area

Host Hotel:
    The SpringHill Suites is providing a limited number of rooms at a discounted rates for all who are participating, be sure to mention Racers and Chasers when reserving your room.
    12032 Scripps Highlands Dr San Diego, 92131
    858-635-5723
    Directions:
    15 fwy, to Hwy 56 West, exit Rancho Penasquitos, Left onto Carmel Mountain, Right onto Sundevil Way venue located at end of Sundevil way.

Course Description:
    Stage 1, Black Mountain Downhill trail
    Stage 2, Miners ridge to parking lot
    Pedal to Black Mountain Community Ranch Park
    Stage 3, (Sport, Expert, and Pro only) Lusardi loop single track (Clockwise) to where there is that entrance with brown gate off of Carmel valley Rd.
    Pedal back up the fireroad
    Stage 4, (Same start as first stage) Nighthawk trail, from the fireroad to the Sundevil way parking area where the vendors are located

Stage 4: Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22t1pfBGsBU&feature=share&list=UUV7qrJHQFhHUGjXDyZdmnbQ

Timing format:
    Time trial start for all stages with 30 seconds separating each rider. We will be starting Pros then Experts, then Sports and then Beginners. Riders will be able to roll up to stages 2, 3, and 4 and start when ready. There will be no start order needed to start stage 2, 3, and 4.

Live Results:
    All results will be posted online and you can download the free Webscorer app to your phone to be able to view results as you cross the line in real time!

Most importantly the trails are open to the public so be courteous and safe!!!

Fees:
    All fees include all 4 timed stages, snacks and water including oreos, and oranges, and tons of fun!
    $65 - Online till Feb 7 @ 10pm
    $70 - Feb 8th - Feb 14th @ 8pm
    $75 - On site Feb 15th
    NO DAY OF REGISTRATION
    No Refunds

Schedule:
    Thursday, February 14th:
    8pm- Online registration closes

Friday, February 15th:
    3pm-7pm - packet pick up and on-site registration at Sundevil Way (not mandatory)

Saturday, Febraury 16th:
    6:30 - 7:30 - Packet pick up NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION
    8am- Beginner, Sport, Expert, and Pro race start

Awards immediately following the conclusion of the races including a HUGE raffle.

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Wait so the trails will be open to public during the race?

3. Foxone

Foxone New Member

Someone know where are they riding in the video ?
    These rocks look fun !

4. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

Yes, but it is a non issue. Any races held on public trails are still open to the public. The trails at Fontana are still open to the public as well.

5. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

Is anyone coming down for this race? If you like Fontana Super D you will love the courses here. Awesome courses.

6. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

That's M Trail and Two Trees in Riverside.

7. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

Damnit, I really wanted to do this but it lands on the same weekend as my Rally Cross:(
    Have fun everyone!

8. trailninja

trailninja Going Slideways!!!!

Quality Engineer
    [video=youtube;6j7Vwp5u1Mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j7Vwp5u1Mw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

John Buckle from InCycle DH ripped this trail recently looks like a blast to ride.

9. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

true but they are also controlled so that no one would be riding or hiking up the trail. They are also fairly open and easy to see, I saw videos of this and the trails are blind in areas and you can't really see what's coming. I just don't quite get how you race down something yet be safe and curious to other trail users. ,

10. Team Smitty

Team Smitty MVP CYCLE CENTER

Dirtector of composite structures
    I'll be there. Unfortunately I've never been there and wont have a chance to pre-ride. If I can sneak just one run in before the event, which course in your opinion would be the most beneficial to ride?

Thanks!
    Smitty

11. EC1

EC1 New Member

The trails being used for each stage will be closed during the race runs....Also, I will be the first rider off each stage to insure that each stage is cleared of non racing trail users.

12. EC1

EC1 New Member

FYI
    There is NO SIGN UPS DAY OF the race.

There will be sign ups as well as check in Friday night til 7 PM at the venue
    We will be posting a complete day of schedule later today on the PCA website, www.racepca.com I will post the schedule over here as well.

13. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Thanks EC, that's what I had hoped to hear.

14. robertherber

robertherber New Member

racing bikes
    EC and I had a long meeting with the Rangers going over all of the details for the Enduro. Its going to be a great day of riding and the safest possible environment we can provide with the help of our staff, the parks staff as well as volunteers! Its really a community effort and its great to see all of the support this event has been getting!

FYI we are making some small changes to stage 1 & 3...that are really fun! I will get them GPS'd in the morning and get them posted by midday.

Looking forward to great weather and a fun day!

15. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

Would love to see Buckle go against Powell (the rider he was chasing) on Powell's home turf.

If I were to do one course it would be course 2/Miners. It has a few turns you have to avoid.

16. gregg

gregg New Member

OK I signed up for this. I found Black Mtn on google. But I can't figure out where to go when I get there. Can someone help with some directions to the start or where the registration is. Thanks

17. gregg

gregg New Member

I found the directions on the Racers and Chasers website
    Directions:
    15 fwy, to Hwy 56 West, exit Rancho Penasquitos, Left onto Carmel Mountain, Right onto Sundevil Way venue located at end of Sundevil way.

18. EC1

EC1 New Member

Thanks to all the riders that came out to Black Mountain yesterday to participate in our first PCA event of the series. It was really great to see so many smiling faces and riders having a good time. We had a great time putting this event on for you guys and look forward to our next event on April 6th at Two Trees/M trail.

19. Salespunk

Salespunk New Member

Will the 4/16 event be two runs? When will the courses be posted?

20. 7pt

7pt New Member

anyword on when or where the pics from the race will be posted? I saw lots of cameras set up, hopefully they got some of me!