Road Ride Report GMR to the Village with Friends

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Mr. Beanz, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

A nice day on GRM today. It was dark and cool, couldn't ask for more on a summer day riding GMR. Totally escaped the heat. Well other than trying to keep up with Lauretta Fetta. She and fellow OCRebel Doug did an excellent job climbing GMR. Of course LF said she was slow and I'd have to wait for her. Right after that she dropped the hammer and worked me on the climb. Doug was a good climber and flew right up to the shack. Hillbasher rode with us too. I'm sure he'd agree that today was one of the best days for riding GMR. HB and I did the descent together and like always, stopped for some posing.
    From the very start Lauretta asked for the camera to take some pics. Next thing I know, she's going for the recorder and doing interviews ha ha! That's cool, I can't always think of something to say so it's nice to have some help. She has little camera fun at the shack then we're off to the village. But not without trying to talk me into riding to the ski lifts. Hm, I'm not prepared but I make a deal, I'll go if HB goes. The entire time heading to the village I'm hoping HB has second thoughts, luckily he does and saves my butt. But I tell LF that when I get into shape, I'll hit the lifts with her. She says cool but when we ride again she says my butt is hers on the lifts ha ha!
    Well Doug and LF head off to the lifts. Doug's not sure if he has the gearing but willing to give it a try. HB and I kick back at the park for a while then as we're ready to head out, we see the two heading to the lodge. Doug's gearing isn't enough so they cut it short then go to the lodge for lunch instead. We think about staying but HB has to be back for some sleep before another night of work. Like always, we do some sight seeing on the return.
    Cool ride but that Lauretta was hammering on GMR. She's gotten very strong. No, there was no waiting, I was working my butt off to keep up with her!
    At the village we see a dude picking up his mail. He's got a little Min-Pin. Little Mr. Paws was ready for some action! Dog was about 6 inches tall but thought he was 6 feet tall ha ha! HB strikes up some puppy conversation with the owner only to find out the little sucker chased a 300 pound bear up a tree. Then the dude turns to me and asks if I'm Mr Beanz. Yup, that's me! Turns out to be Ray Clone, one of the Ridge Riders. We have some good cycling chat and a couple stories then we're off. Well, Ray was going to Disneyland, we were going back up GMR ha ha! Plus, today was the day Lauretta celebrated her first bee sting!
    Few more pics in my blog.

[video=youtube;S8eR_A3ndQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8eR_A3ndQI[/video]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Self portrait
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]