Getting rid of iPhone part two

Discussion in 'Non-Bike Related' started by paulbschmidt, May 22, 2009.

1. paulbschmidt

paulbschmidt KNEEL BEFORE ZOD

Vice President of Loaded Precision Products, speci
    Home Page:
    I posted a less-than-year old first gen 8g iPhone the other day for cash or trade, preferably trade, since I am looking for an Easton bar and stem.

Had a couple hits, but I wanted to clarify something in case some of you were not aware of it. The iPhone is in great shape (couple minor scratches on back and I will take those into consideration when dealing) but in order for the phone to be used, you must have, switch over or open an AT&T account and activate a data plan for it to be useful. No iPhone will work just on its own as an ipod, or palm, or whatever you are going to use it for.

The phone is ready to go. just needs you to slide your SIM card in and activate it through iTunes.

I'll take the best cash offer at the end of today, but would rather trade for the above mentioned parts. I also need to secure an all-mountain wheel with a 20mm thru-axle hub for a new fork I am installing. I am aware that might be a phone plus cash, kind of deal.

If interested, or have something I might be interested in, text me at 949-302-6675. I can get back to you quicker.

Thanks all,

PS

2. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Darn it. I thought my "All-Mtn" Kit was pretty good bid.

3. paulbschmidt

Home Page:
    LOL....ok one more time folks....

If you are interested in the iPhone, please READ THE FOLLOWING:

- Yes it is AT&T.

- No I am not going to hack it for you. (Really?)

- No you cannot use the phone unless you activate it with AT&T via iTunes and get service.

- No you cannot use it as an iPod and bypass getting service.

- No I am not going to take less than 80, unless there is a parts trade involved.

- No it does not (legally) work with other carriers.

It is an iPhone....practically brand new. Only AT&T uses iPhone (legally) and if you are not familiar with the process, you need to plug it into iTunes and set up a data plan with AT&T in order for the phone to work. Most of the phone features require a constant internet connection (hence the need for the service)

Please do not contact me unless you have read this. So far i have had a 35 dollar offer. A guy who wanted me to hack it for use on another carrier, a guy who wanted to replace his kids itouch without him knowing and a guy (I shit you not) who needed it as an address book.

Thanks,

PS

4. Iwannabinsocal

Iwannabinsocal boutique brand elitist

I have a fun job
    Here is a little help for the seller...

For those of you who do not know 100% what an iphone is or does, read this first before asking questions....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

5. paulbschmidt

Home Page:
    Nicely done Socal....should have thought of that myself. I assumed most people knew how it worked by now. Thanks for the assistance

6. Iwannabinsocal

Iwannabinsocal boutique brand elitist

I have a fun job
    No worries, I would have thought like you until I read some of the examples of questions you have received and was honestly baffled :?:

7. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife

:lol::lol: Dude, you need this link posted as a "read first" too:
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/market-place/35887-attention-buyers.html

8. fastpassu

fastpassu Addict

Just some advice for someone who doesn't have an iphone..........GET ONE NOW!!!!!! It will change your life.

Good Luck

9. paulbschmidt

Home Page:
  10. fastpassu

fastpassu Addict

I would like to think this is what did it for ya......hahahaha

11. One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind New Member

Landscape Designer (Architect in Training)

Ok, OK, I'm biting... I've got an Easton EC70 handlebar and an EA70 Stem that I've been thinking about swapping out for a flat bar and a shorter stem... or an iphone.

Here's the rub. I ran into my garage with my bike on the roof about 2 months ago. All that happened was that my brake levers rolled down and one of the footings on my rack got pushed back a couple of inches. I've been on 4-5 big rides since then and it's rock solid.

Try not to laugh your ass off at this ludicris offer, it's not as bad as some of the other ones you got. I wouldn't want to ride this set up from a stranger either but that's what happened. I ride the set up myself and wouldn't sell / trade it if I didn't think it was safe.

Now that you're done lauging hysterically, I might be able to scrounge up 80 bucks if you'd prefer that route.

I currently have T-Mobile service but it looks very easy to make them play well together. In fact, in Germany, the courts ruled in T-mobiles favor and iphones are t-mobile compatible out of the box. And "they" say monopolies are illegal in The States... NOT. That's why AT&T can charge $129 for it's unlimited data plan while T-mobiles unlimited data plan is $69. AT&T has the iphone market cornered... unless you know how to switch SIM cards... not rocket science...

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  12. BIO

BIO New Member

ygpm