Frozen

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by PHAT TIRE, Dec 29, 2006.

1. PHAT TIRE

PHAT TIRE Riders on the solar storm

Vehicle Operations Manager
    So I rode this morning before work at 6:30 in the morning. I froze my nads off! I was fully covered but didn't wear the wend vest...dumb idea. It was 43 degrees when I left Irvine and went down the 133 to Laguna Beach. There was frost on the trees through the canyon:( so I know it was well below the 43 in Irvine. All I could do was pedal to stay warm. All I could think of was the warm shower I was going to take when I got to the office. Then, I come in to find out that they are replacing the boiler and hot water heaters over the break so my office is a comfy 65 this morning and I had a cold shower.#-o ...I want to go home and back to bed waaaaaa.... I guess at least I made it out.

2. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    True about frost. I rode Aliso yesterday moring starting at 8:30. Theres was frost all along the trails in the brush. Cold!!!!!

3. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    Reminds me of my ride in the Welsh forests last week - freezing fog blowing in off the moors and the ground covered in ice. I loved it !!

Matt - Ordered my new road bike today! Woohoo! at last!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2006
  4. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    You are correct! The last 2 morning commutes, also a 6:30am start, have been chilly!
    Thursday I could see my breath for the first 30 minutes thru Corona and then stayed in the shade until Yorba Linda Regional Park....thank you mr. sunshine!