From MTBR: Mugged and Robbed @ Aliso/Woods Canyon (merged)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joytron, Jul 7, 2011.

1. dudevf1

dudevf1 New Member

That would depend on far more facts then have been described in forums. Finding and returning a bike does not make anyone guilty, and unless I have forgotten which country we live in, a suspect is not required to say anything, in fact they do not even have to take the stand. I was not implying that cops are lazy either, but wise in their use of limited resources. Here is a case where I victim was beat up that he refused medical attention and the alleged stolen bike was returned. How many alleged assaults and thefts end up resolved like this? So what crime investigations should I put on hold so I can do what here? sometimes justice is not as pure and thorough as we would like, but I would support the police should they chose to focus their efforts elsewhere.

2. BikeThePlanet

BikeThePlanet Active Member

Except this is Laguna, Newport, or whatever police department. We are not talking about a Detroit PD. What is their case load? Girl walked into a coffee shop wearing a thong and violated the establishment's dress code? Rodman had too many people out at his house late after a night of partying at Hooters? They are so swamped with cases that three motorcycle cops have been parked along the Back Bay ticketing cyclists for not stopping at that random stop sign.

3. Earn Your View

Earn Your View Member

Accountant
    Agreed. Well said.

4. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Well said. Let's be grateful for what we have and earn the respect of other trail users and the land owners / managers through our actions--that alone will determine whether or not we will retain access.

Doling out vigilante justice and mobs aren't going to do this sport any good.