Road Ride Report First Road Ride

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Draheim18, Aug 28, 2009.

1. tradersancho

tradersancho New Member

Software Engineer
    Did your demo bike have a normal or compact crank set? For the hilly riding around here, I highly recommend a compact crank set.

2. Draheim18

Draheim18 Tow Master

Student, Lacrosse Coach
    I believe it was a double. I'll be getting a compact though.

Well today, I got to test ride a Tarmac. I basically did the same route but added a little bit more climbing by going back down Antonio and make a left on Oso, so it added 2 more climbs.

Overall, I have to say that I liked the Roubaix better. I didn't really do a long enough ride to see how I would hold up in the position you're in when riding a Tarmac, but I did feel a lot more of the road vibrations a lot more.

3. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I've only rode Live Oak a few times and one time was at night. The El Camino double century goes through this area after riding 185 miles then you get to deal with Live Oak at night, yippeeeee.

I went and rode a Roubaix (Surf City has some great deals right now) again this past weekend and I'm still very impressed with the bike and the geometry seems to fit me perfectly. I also tried a Tarmac and I just don't like the stretched out feel this bike seems to have for me.`My suggestion is to try both but if you're going for more distance then speed go with the Roubaix.