Felt Bikes Question

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by fiestanuclear, Oct 6, 2009.

1. fiestanuclear

fiestanuclear Regrets username choice

I stumbled upon Felt Bikes and found one that I really like. The components seem quite good to me, but I'm wondering about the frame and fork.
    This bike is apparently new for 2010 so there are no reviews, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Felt bikes. I haven't been able to find much on Felt bikes as they are apparently a smaller company. I did find a few threads on this and other forums with mostly positive words for Felt, but I'd like to hear as many opinions as possible before I spend my money. So, Felt owners, how has your experience with your bike been?

2. Fatty Los

Fatty Los New Member

3. stevers

stevers Member

Home Page:
    I bought a used Felt cyclocross bike. I like the 105 component mix, and I like the matte black frame color. I have nothing but great things to say about my bike, but it's not as stiff as other bikes (i.e. - Yeti Arc-x is much stiffer).

4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

We are a Felt dealer. They make great bikes. Been riding thier road bikes since 2004......first a F60 now I am on a F1. Felt does a great job spec'ing out thier bikes. You generally get the same bike as other manuf's at a lower price. We sold Felt and Trek at the same time........sold 5 Felt road bikes for every Trek that was sold.

Felt is a local company out of Irvine. The frames are made overseas. We were one of the 1st dealers in the area back in 2004 and now they have grown.

You won't be disapppointed.

5. ubermensch

ubermensch New Member

It's not flashy (at least not my model), but it's not what's holding me back from being where I want to be in the sport either. :)

I've had mine for almost 3 years. There are a couple of other bikes that I'd rather be riding, but I don't think I've ever regretted owning my bike because it's hard to get this much bang for the buck.

6. emfc

emfc Don't taze me bro

Military
    I am riding and 04 Felt F35 and I just can't bring myself to sell it. It is a great bike.

7. lizardking

lizardking Lets just ride!

Printing
    Home Page:
    My teenage son has the DJ'er model that he used to ride like a DH bike, before he had a DH bike. Never had any problems with it.
    Also my youngest son used to race BMX on a Felt with the same result, no problems. Excellent bikes I'd say.:wave:

8. Rawhead

Rawhead Member

I've been riding on a 2003 Felt F45 for about a year and a half. I have lost track of the miles I've put on it. It is an extremely solid bike. I love the thing. When it comes time to replace it, I'm going right back to Felt. A BIG thumbs up from me.

9. Greengiant

Greengiant Steady diet of dirt

I issue building permits in Palo Alto!
    My primary mtb is an 08 Felt Nine Elite, which I call my Magic Carpet Ride...just love the way it rides, handles etc. And yes, you can get air on a 29'er!

I bought a Z70 road bike this year and its a great bike for long road rides. The component mix isn't what I would want, but I liked the frame so after the 105's wear out I'll upgrade to Ultegra.

10. jcka

jcka Member

I have a Felt F70 road bike and liked it so much I just bought a second Felt (F75) from Switchback. It has been a great bike, I have nothing bad to say about it.

11. sweeper154

sweeper154 New Member

I rented a Felt Virtue 3 for a week while on vacation at Sundance and Aspen Grove this summer and liked it a lot. I own a Spec SJ 08 Comp that I ride locally. The downhill riding at Sundance on the V3 was great. The bike felt very stable and took a beating and held up great. After my experience during that week, I'd consider getting one.

12. A D NOH

A D NOH Custom Newbie Title

Motivational Speaker for Kids
    A friend of mine has a felt road bike and loves it. It is a carbon scadium (sp?) frame with all the bells and whistles.

13. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

(Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.)

mtnbikej, does Felt make a road bike equivalent to a carbon Spec. Roubaix? The Felt website makes it sound like they are all for racing but I'm more interested in a comfortable bike for long rides. Thanx

14. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Check out the Z series of bikes.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2010-Product-Catalog/Road/Z-Series/Z4.aspx

Longer headtubes, slopping top tubes, little more relaxed seating position.

We sell more "Z" series bikes these days than "F" series bikes. :wave: